Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing games with second switch

Options
  • 09-11-2020 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Santa might bring a switch Lite this year as a combined present for my girls. I already have a switch that they use, and the vast majority of my games are digital.

I've read conflicting reports on whether or not they can both play games online together with just one purchase of the game.
    For example, in this article, it says you can play online at the same time with a single purchase of a digital game.
    Then other articles say you need a third account to play simultaneously.

So - my main question is - has anyone here actually done this ?
    i.e. is it possible for my girls to, for example, play minecraft together online on 2 switches with one digital purchase of the game ?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Once one of the Switches is playing any digital game it locks the other one out of all other digital games, not just the one being played (AFAIK).

This article explains how it works.

EDIT: Think this Kotaku article explains how it all works better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hmmm - the first article above seems to say you can both play the same game online at the same time

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Sorry my mistake, I was sure Nintendo were much stricter than that article suggests.

I haven't done this (have no excuse to buy a second Switch :D) there are defintely others on here who are in that situation.

Advertisement