Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,158 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dodzy wrote: »
    Have it on good authority that the scabby 15 can packs are going to be more prevalent over the coming months. I don't like the look of that at all, at all :mad:
    That fecks up my whole bulk storage sytem, it's like someone resizing lego bricks, no compatibility with existing crates. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

Was in Tesco in Swinford there and no slabs of Guinness. Only 15 for 20 offer. They had a look out the back for 24s but nothing there she reckoned. Hard know is it get rid of the 15s first and then roll out the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

statto25 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco in Swinford there and no slabs of Guinness. Only 15 for 20 offer. They had a look out the back for 24s but nothing there she reckoned. Hard know is it get rid of the 15s first and then roll out the good stuff

ado moran has them all above in brazbon and probaly all the brandy to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Supervalu have some nice wines on offer.
    * Espiritu Reserva Chilean cab sav or sav blanc €7
    * Chateau Haut Medou Bordeaux Superior €8
    * Sangre de Toro case deal 6 bottles €40

On the Whiskey front:
    * Powers gold €20
    * Teachers scotch €20
    * Jameson crested €25

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Was in Tesco last night and they had Gunpowder Gin for 35, think that's as cheap as it gets for that particular gin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Aldi has slabs of Bud at 24€ and 18 cans packs of Carling (440ml) for 15€ last night.
    Lots of Bud left, not much Carling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

When is Unit Minimum Pricing coming in ? , €11 min for Wine and Tesco own brand Brandy will be almost be the same price as branded etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Lidl

Miller Genuine Draft.

24x33cl bottles

€16.99

Plenty of it in Blanch Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Faustino Rivero Ulecia Reserva Rioja 75Cl

Tesco

€8 till May 3rd

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300734888

Also

Graham Nortons Own Shiraz 75Cl €8
    Finca Las Moras Dada Art Malbec 75Cl €8

Faustino Rivero Ulecia Reserva Rioja 75Cl

Tesco

€8 till May 3rd

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300734888

Also

Graham Nortons Own Shiraz 75Cl €8
    Finca Las Moras Dada Art Malbec 75Cl €8

Anyone know how that stacks up against Faustino V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Would I be right in saying these are the worst bank holiday 'deals' we've had in a long time, doesn't seem to be much out there?

€20 slabs are probably gone forever and very few brands at €24/€25.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Buffman wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying these are the worst bank holiday 'deals' we've had in a long time, doesn't seem to be much out there?

€20 slabs are probably gone forever and very few brands at €24/€25.

I agree I thought we would have €20 slabs seeing as this is probably the last bank holiday weekend before minimum pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

TimHorton wrote: »
    When is Unit Minimum Pricing coming in ? , €11 min for Wine and Tesco own brand Brandy will be almost be the same price as branded etc etc...

If you follow this thread it will keep you abreast of developments regarding MUP.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676265&page=349

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Lidl

Miller Genuine Draft.

24x33cl bottles

€16.99

18 bottles in
    Omni

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

elperello wrote: »
    If you follow this thread it will keep you abreast of developments regarding MUP.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676265&page=349

Really? You'd be hard pressed to find a single actual fact in that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Was in Tesco Ashbourne earlier, picked up a slab of Coors light, was charged 24x92c €22.08

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I confirm you can go back and buy more clubcard price in a sep transaction.

18 bottles in
    Omni

Different box

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Glad I took up that Heineken 24 cans for €24 last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

meathman0 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco Ashbourne earlier, picked up a slab of Coors light, was charged 24x92c €22.08

Same in Naas. And Molsten is going at 77c a can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Seve OB wrote: »
    Different box

Yep, Miller Genuine Draft 18 x 33cl for €15

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭sully123

Gordon's 1 litre only 20e in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Supervalu have advertised Guinness 12 500ml cans €15 but not in stock, they had 15 500mls for €19.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

So do people think that this is the last of the bank holiday deals.
    Was looking forward to the 24 slabs Guinness but alas I’m only getting equivalent to 30 a slab via 15 cans for 19 SV.

Was hoping to larder fill till indoor pubs opening which I’m hoping will be aug/sept.

M

FLOOPER wrote: »
    So do people think that this is the last of the bank holiday deals.
    Was looking forward to the 24 slabs Guinness but alas I’m only getting equivalent to 30 a slab via 15 cans for 19 SV.

Was hoping to larder fill till indoor pubs opening which I’m hoping will be aug/sept.
    So hard to tell, I've been planning for the armageddon the last 3 or 4 years. I'd hope that when the MUP date is called that there will be at least 40 days and 40 nights of great booze deals in the run up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Tesco Celbridge this evening cans of coors .92c BBD of 04/12/21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

So hard to tell, I've been planning for the armageddon the last 3 or 4 years. I'd hope that when the MUP date is called that there will be at least 40 days and 40 nights of great booze deals in the run up to it.

The lack of Guinness crates makes me wonder has the instruction been given to stop the discount 24s. I don't believe there were any 24s of Bulmer either this weekend. I ordered 2 crates on tesco online shopping and was given two 15 can packs. I took them as I wasnt arsed chasing down cans for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

The lack of Guinness crates makes me wonder has the instruction been given to stop the discount 24s. I don't believe there were any 24s of Bulmer either this weekend. I ordered 2 crates on tesco online shopping and was given two 15 can packs. I took them as I wasnt arsed chasing down cans for the weekend

the physco i told ya :D say hes well hammered now.........................

M

They did have the 440ml's of Bulmers last weekend in Dunnes for €24.

I feel we need an insider at Tesco or Dunnes for better info :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

i know this might sound lazy of me but would'nt it be good to have, a post of all the current offers, the grass is always greener over there.:D

Advertisement