Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McMillion$

• 06-06-2020 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭

Kinda bizarre documentary available on sky documentaries (made by HBO).
    About the rigging of the monopoly game at mc Donald's.

Only watched episode 1 and went in blind very interesting some characters in it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

gmisk wrote: »
    Kinda bizarre documentary available on sky documentaries (made by HBO).
    About the rigging of the monopoly game at mc Donald's.

Only watched episode 1 and went in blind very interesting some characters in it!

Caught it myself a few days back. Was wondering why the actor they hired to play Agent Doug was so over the top in his performance. Went to IMDb and discovered that is the actual Agent! WTF? Some character. Lol

Will watch episodes 3 and 4 over rest of weekend. Good series so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

evey review of it I heard or read of is that its overly stretched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Just read a ‘The Sun’ ‘article’ that gave the jist. Hopefully this thing of stretching and padding what should be a 1000 word article into a documentary will die out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This is on the new Sky Documentary channel in case anyone is looking for it.

I've always been fascinated with the story but I've also read the reviews saying that it's a little over stretched and dull which is a real shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Finished watching it last night, found it good but echo what's already been stated, 6 episodes was way too much, could have been done in half the amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive been watching the first 3 episodes and to be honest im tired of it now.
    It just seems to be going into too much detail about each winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I finished it a few days ago. I agree, 6 episodes could have been done in 3 or 4.
    There are some good characters in there though, there is too much padding on the winners, but overall I enjoyed it.

I very rarely lol during tv shows or movies but Agent Doug had me laughing.
    The fax machine incident was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

evey review of it I heard or read of is that its overly stretched

This covers most American documentaries I find.

Stretch 1 episodes worth of content over 5 or 6 "miniseries" type thing. They tend to cover the subject in the first episode then spend the rest going over and over the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I enjoyed this series. It was presented in a fun way I thought but also serious at times.

FBI agent Doug Matthews deserves his own tv show. He was hilarious.

I really thought Frank Colombo and his wife came off the best. They seemed like decent normal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,595 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was my apple pie win rigged :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

This covers most American documentaries I find.

Stretch 1 episodes worth of content over 5 or 6 "miniseries" type thing. They tend to cover the subject in the first episode then spend the rest going over and over the same thing.
    now on netflix theres no pressure for airtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

ricero wrote: »
    FBI agent Doug Matthews deserves his own tv show. He was hilarious.
    I don't know how he ended up in his career, the man is made for entertainment. He's like a child who watched cop shows growing up and decided that a career in law enforcement is for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Liked the show... binged it in 2 days so didn’t seem 2 stretched too me.

Advertisement