Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike.com order DPD delivered to wrong address

Options
  • 31-05-2020 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey, wondering if this has happened to somebody else. I just got an email to say my order has been delivered and signed for by my first name in a town the other side of Dublin city.
    I included my eircode etc. on it all. How could try get delivery address so wrong? Feels like a scam?
    Anyway is it DPD Ireland tracking or Nike I should be chasing up with this. Both their customer services are down since it's Sunday. Online shopping is just not worth the hassle...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

Your contract is with Nike so you need to contact them with complain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Yes, was talking to Nike yesterday. They said the issue will be fixed soon and confirmed that the shoes were still in transit/not delivered. Obviously affecting lots of customers, there was 150 people ahead of me in the queue. Nothing to stress about, Nike will always resolve any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Something similar happened me before. The courier company wrote my first name and put it as delivered, but returned it to the warehouse. I needed to go to their warehouse, 5-6km outside of town, to collect it. This was fastway courier - haven’t experience DPD doing that.

I guess it means they hit their delivery targets by getting it off the system, even if they need to cheat to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Had a similar issue with a sold out release delivered to the wrong address. Nike were fine from a refund perspective, but I actually really wanted the pair of sneakers not the refund so it was annoying to say the least. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Op this happened to me a few months ago with Nike. They were unable to retrieve the order so I got a refund. Frustrating as they didn’t have a replacement pair in my size but received refund quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Happened to me a few weeks ago not with Nike mind you but with another company (laptop chargers I'll give them a plug cause they were brilliant about it). I just contacted them and they sorted it out with the courier and it was delivered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

In fairness, they have hundreds of thousands of parcels to deliver each week and mistakes do happen the odd time. People are human, sometimes labels can get damaged etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

addaword wrote: »
    In fairness, they have hundreds of thousands of parcels to deliver each week and mistakes do happen the odd time. People are human, sometimes labels can get damaged etc.

Its both the carrier and their system.

I had a parcel left next door by DPD this week, driver was told I lived 200 yards up the road but left it anyway and drove off past my house.

The label had my Eircode crossed out in black felt pen (I could read it with a magnifying glass) and the name of the nearest depot written beside it.

DPD's system allowed the driver to report that he'd delivered the item the day before but hadn't so I was already trying to chase it up.

Last time I had a DPD delivery, I try and avoid them, the parcel was dumped in a shop 10 miles away.

DPD are fast becoming as bad a Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

OP here, spent 45 minutes on the phone waiting for Nike CS. They said DPD delivered to wrong address so nothing they can do but refund me. They said I can reorder the items myself and then when i get them, call them again and they will refund me the discount (i ordered on the 30% off day). They couldn't give me a 30% off code over phone so i'd end up on another 40 minute phone call to get what i wanted for the same price. Really disappointed. DPD didn't just deliver to the wrong house - they delivered to the wrong town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement