Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking a bank account to paypal

Options
  • 28-05-2020 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭

I want to get a sum of money in my PayPal account transferred to my bank account. PayPal have requested that I set up a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate and they withdraw 2 sums of money from my account as s security measure. Does anyone know how much they withdraw and also I presume they refund the amounts once they realise my bank account is legit. Also does anyone know how long it will take before I can transfer the PayPal account sum to my bank account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

billyhead wrote: »
    I want to get a sum of money in my PayPal account transferred to my bank account. PayPal have requested that I set up a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate and they withdraw 2 sums of money from my account as s security measure. Does anyone know how much they withdraw and also I presume they refund the amounts once they realise my bank account is legit. Also does anyone know how long it will take before I can transfer the PayPal account sum to my bank account?

Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I cant remember but I think its only a small amount (€5 or less). You use it then as part of a payment when buying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Maxx355

You may have it sorted now but it's normally 0.05 cent. You confirm same by a code they give you with the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Had to do this ages ago myself and while I cant recall the amount thats involved in the transaction it is very small as stated above. From memory that small amount is deducted and paid back into the bank account the same day. Once you see the credit from PayPal going back into the account you can then proceed to withdraw the money from your PP account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's a random amount and usually under €1

It just makes sure that you entered the correct details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement