Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A/R/TIST IN THE SPOTLIGHT - shotgunmcos

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm 6ft 2

If McGrattans taught me anything it's that you're 5ft 11 and three quarters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

'Sup AMK ;)

(1) Leinster in their pomp vrs Munster in their Pomp - Neutral Venue : Who wins & why??
    Ok no matter what I'm a Munster Man true and true. Munster in their pomp beat the All Blacks... need I say more?

More recently, Chicago had a bunch of Lawnstor players but lets look at the scoring stats

Ireland: (25) 40
    Try: Murphy (10'), Stander (17'), Murray (33'), Zebo (48'), Henshaw (76')
    Conversion: Sexton (11', 35'), Carbery (77')
    Penalty: Sexton (4', 24'), Murray (59')

Of the 40 points Ireland Scored
    Munster 25
    Lawnstor 15

Right lets stick to the usual red v blue
    Contemponi rubbed it in O'Gara's face Christmas 2005. What was the score 6 months later in the Semi Final of the Heineken Cup.. in Lansdowne Road? ;)

Alas, the 2009 Semi was a kick in the teeth if you wore red. I been to a lot of these derbys.

Ok, the Lawnstor got going, at last. A few Cups, fair play. Munster are no Begrudgers. Yes ye played amazing Rugby, had Rocky Elsom, bolstered the Green jersey too and Joe Smith got to practice.

Neutral Venue
    2006 Munster, O'Connell, Axel, ROG & Co vs 2009 Leinster Drico, Darcy, Elsom (The Drico Darcy, Horgan vintage was better than Ringrose Henshaw, Larmour IMO)

key Battles
    Malcolm O vs Paulie in the line out - Paulie
    Heaslip vs Axel - Too close to call
    Leamy vs Elsom - Elsom
    Back 5 vs Back 5 - Leinster (neither blue or red wings would see much ball)

I think it would come down to the axis though
    Strings/O'Gara vs Whitaker/Sexton

It a tight tense affair Leinster would be undone by their own processes. O'Gara would keep them pinned and Sexton would bring Drico into the game.

Ultimately it would come down to the tee, and my money would be on O'Gara and Munster for that reason.

Enjoyed this analysis, but I must profer Leinster 2012 as "Leinster in their pomp." Reddan instead of Whitaker, a much better more mature Heaslip, Sexton and SOB, Thorn instead of Mal O'K, Mike Ross instead of Stan Wright. Yes losing Rocky from the 09 team isn't great but overall a stronger and more balanced team in 2012.

but I digress! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Right I think its time to call this one and work on the next spotlight (Unless the TT Thread would like to maintain its spotlight for the week? :D)

Thank you all for your questions, so many interesting ones that made me think or remember and some bold too. We have a great community here and runners are a great bunch. The forum is in a healthy place and its just what we need during this challenging time.

I've cast my line for the next boardsie runner to take the baton. Hope to roll out the welcome mat tomorrow, early.

Advertisement