Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2020

Options
  • 19-05-2020 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So with the update from Chartered House today, what do people think of the exams being online?

I appreciate it is their only real option for this year. But I'm not convinced they will be able to stop people from cheating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Hi All,

So with the update from Chartered House today, what do people think of the exams being online?

I appreciate it is their only real option for this year. But I'm not convinced they will be able to stop people from cheating.

They'll be invigilated online so you'll have to have your webcam on and show the person around the room that you're doing the test in to prove that you don't have any authorized materials.

Check out the e-assessment FAQ on the chartered accountants website it has all the details about this.

Can't see how you'd get away with cheating unless you're really tech savvy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 peanutgirl

Hi all
    Does anyone have tax summary material that could share please?

Also past papers pre 2017, as the website does not have any papers beyond 2017 please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ronnie75

Hi, Has anyone been given their times for exams yet, hope the study is going OK for everyone, nervous about the e-assessment but at same time eliminates the rush of getting to an exam hall. Anyone else doing Advisory as elective?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

ronnie75 wrote: »
    Hi, Has anyone been given their times for exams yet, hope the study is going OK for everyone, nervous about the e-assessment but at same time eliminates the rush of getting to an exam hall. Anyone else doing Advisory as elective?

I am/ was I've had to make a very difficult decision this week to defer, not even sure if it will be granted but I was told in no uncertain terms by my doctor I won't get to use my qualifications if I don't go into hospital this week. Any way what I had done was a folder with go to examples of everything on the syllabus or wrote down what page in the book the info was. I've put in a lot of work I'm just disappointed I wont get to do the exam. But she's right (my doc). Best of luck just keep calm

Advertisement