Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys recycling fridge

Options
  • 19-05-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭

Ordered a new fridge at the weekend and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Does anyone know if they are currently taking away old fridges? There was no option on the website and any time I get through to their customer service, they cut off when looking for the answer to the question. Queue time is 40 minutes (ish) and it's happened 3 times now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My sister bought a washing machine two weeks ago. I think it was curry's or not. Washing machine was delivered and left at the front door. Delivery guy wouldn't enter the home. I've no idea why. Proper PPE, social distancing and its perfectly safe.

He refused to take away the old washing machine. Said that it needed to be left outside the house for 24 hours. Some people need to educate themselves on covid 19 and stop making up nonsense. Anyway, my point is that maybe you should check with Curry's today just to be certain. All branches are open as of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Deffo time to ‘talk to Joe’. If orders for white goods dry up because of that carry-on, they won’t be long seeing sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

For anyone interested, they took it away.

The new fridge was left outside the front door, they took all the packaging with it. We had to bring it in. The old fridge was in the back garden where there is a side gate for access. They would only take it if it was outside.

bren2001 wrote:
    The new fridge was left outside the front door, they took all the packaging with it. We had to bring it in. The old fridge was in the back garden where there is a side gate for access. They would only take it if it was outside.

They need to invest in proper PPE & do their job fully. I hate this hiding behind the virus nonsense. I'm in 5 to 8 different homes every day. It's perfectly safe with social distancing and the correct PPE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They need to invest in proper PPE & do their job fully. I hate this hiding behind the virus nonsense. I'm in 5 to 8 different homes every day. It's perfectly safe with social distancing and the correct PPE

Are you changing PPE between houses?

• Advertisement

salonfire wrote:
    Are you changing PPE between houses?

Of course. Who'd wear dirty & contaminated protective equipment all day long? My PPE is removed before I open the van door after leaving a clients home.

Advertisement