Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Problems with GLS

Options
  • 16-05-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

After enduring 3 days of false "Delivery attempted-card left" logs on tracking...this morning got an e-mail stating "Package delivered" (and they hoped I "was happy with their service" :eek:) ... but no package to be found anywhere!.

A half an hour ago a neighbour arrived with the package saying they had found it in their garden.

Beware folks we got another Fastway style operator on the Courier scene.

I have been successfully avoiding sellers using Fastway for years..now I have another shower to add to the avoid like the plague list.

Mod: Title changed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

GLS are on the go for years and have always been terrible, they used to have the contract to deliver Parcel Force packages here, was a nightmare to deal with them, they never had the same driver on the route twice, so they never used to look for rural addresses always ended up having to go to Blanch to pick items up
    archer22 wrote: »
    After enduring 3 days of false "Delivery attempted-card left" logs on tracking...this morning got an e-mail stating "Package delivered" (and they hoped I "was happy with their service" :eek:) ... but no package to be found anywhere!.

A half an hour ago a neighbour arrived with the package saying they had found it in their garden.

Beware folks we got another Fastway style operator on the Courier scene.

I have been successfully avoiding sellers using Fastway for years..now I have another shower to add to the avoid like the plague list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Fastway Couriers provide a very poor service. Unfortunate to know that another "service" is attempting to take its crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Used MailboxDE to forward an item (German PM) and chose GLS. Arrived to their hub end of last week but hasn't moved today. With any other provider it'd be airborne before 4AM. Will keep thread updated. Used them in the past with a move across Europe and they were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭PreCocious

Had a package shipped out on Friday and it arrived at my door, via GLS, at 08:41 yesterday. Probably the earliest I've had something arrive to my house.

Couriers are under severe pressure I'd imagine. UPS are delivering using people in cars, DPD are using rented vans, a few are using Northern reg'ed fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

GLS were always poor in my area. I can only assume that he decided to only cover our town every second day because it seemed like half the time the 'Out for Delivery' notice meant nothing. He didn't update the tracking when delivered, sometimes it wasn't marked as delivered until the next morning. A bit of a nuisance when it had been left with a neighbour.

Compared to DPD who give you an estimated hour window and even offer a little map to show where the driver is on the PW site. Miles apart in terms of service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ShedTower wrote: »
    GLS were always poor in my area. I can only assume that he decided to only cover our town every second day because it seemed like half the time the 'Out for Delivery' notice meant nothing. He didn't update the tracking when delivered, sometimes it wasn't marked as delivered until the next morning. A bit of a nuisance when it had been left with a neighbour.

Compared to DPD who give you an estimated hour window and even offer a little map to show where the driver is on the PW site. Miles apart in terms of service.

DPD in my area is falling apart at the moment due to the increased amount of stuff on the move. Either late by a couple of days, no pre advice of the time, or the pre advice is miles out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Every delivery service is experiencing delays and if you are expecting a parcel, its something you have to accept at present time.

An Post are lucky in that they opened their new parcel facility a couple of months ago which was designed to deal with Christmas rush and substantial growth, so they have been better than the others. DPD are overwhelmed as they take such a volume in from the UK and have stated on their website that it is taking more time for delivery.

I think we all need to have additional patience in the current situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Sent a parcel by GLS yesterday, collected in the afternoon, delivered this morning on the other side of the country.

Sent a parcel by GLS to Italy last Tuesday, arrived yesterday.

Have never had issues with sending stuff around Ireland and Europe with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

DPD are at breaking point, especially in the Limerick region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I showed an interest in working for DPD last week. They never came back to me. GLS and Fastway are definite no no’s

DHL and TNT i found good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Small parcel sent from County Carlow to neighbouring County Kildare on May 14th:
    6 days later, still going in and out of the 'Parcel Centre' every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

whiterebel wrote: »
    DPD in my area is falling apart at the moment due to the increased amount of stuff on the move.
    DPD often get my neighbours parcels mixed up too, and once just left something under a hedge until someone found it a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

ballyhagan wrote: »
    Small parcel sent from County Carlow to neighbouring County Kildare on May 14th:

I am seeing a similar situation with my own parcel. Although, I'm sure its mental for deliveries at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Item moving, horrendously slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gls also sub contract alot of drivers but it has a management structure unlike fastway. Your at the mercy of how good the driver is on your route, the lad who delivers to us is brilliant I must say and always bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

rob316 wrote: »
    Gls also sub contract alot of drivers but it has a management structure unlike fastway. Your at the mercy of how good the driver is on your route, the lad who delivers to us is brilliant I must say and always bang on.

Agree the driver makes a big difference. My local fastway driver is excellent but the GLS one is awful.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

GlS should be avoided like covid19. They are, and always have been a disaster.

I have had numerous packages disappearing, and no customer service at all.

Just had a purchase from Expert go off the radar after 6 days, going from hub to hub,

and just been notified by expert it will be another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

ballyhagan wrote: »

Same for me, item going from Cork to Wicklow and after 2 weeks still going in and out of the parcel centre each day. The seller contacted GLS but it hasn't made any difference yet. I haven't had such an experience with other couriers, even Fastway have been fine. Would put me off ordering again from a company who use GLS for deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

To my utter disappointment I have discovered that 2 online orders placed with separate companies will be delivered by GLS, delivery date unknown, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

To my utter disappointment I have discovered that 2 online orders placed with separate companies will be delivered by GLS, delivery date unknown, literally.

I'm finding a lot of improvement this week from carriers. - Where I work we get a fair amount of packages from Europe.

GLS have delivered as schedule - left Spain last Friday, arrived in Dublin yesterday, out for delivery today.
    They are still not giving the scheduled date as there are delays around Europe

Tracking is https://gls-group.eu/IE/en/parcel-tracking?match=
    add the tracking number at the end and then click "detailed shipment tracking" to see every stage of the tracking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had a delivery last week from GLS. Advised a time in the evening. Brand new van pulls up, no company details on it yet. Driver is brand new, hadn't a clue. Couldn't use the scanner. At least he had a lady from the office in with him showing him the ropes, otherwise he'd still be here.
    It might seem simple to say use a satnav etc, but try working out a route with 90-100 deliveries on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Has anywone had any recent expierence with GLS? I have a package coming from Netherlands, last scan there was on 30th and nothing since. Person on phone said it should hopefully be scanned in another day or two when it gets to Dublin, but this seems like a long time to get from NL to Ireland.

Advertisement