Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the North Korean leader dead?

Options
  • 24-04-2020 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭

Conspiracy talk for now. Fake pictures appear to show Kim Jong Un laid to rest online.

There is an interesting source in China now claiming he has passed away?

A Chinese woman, who is vice president of Hong Kong Satellite TV. She is also a niece of China's foreign minister.

Posted on a social media website with two candles he has died?

April 25, Military Foundation Day in North Korea. The day marks the anniversary of the foundation of the Korean People's Revolutionary Army in 1932.

Everybody waiting to see if he makes an appearance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I remember when Mao was not seen for a while there would be speculation that he was dead or dying until we saw footage of him happily swimming in the Yangtse river,maybe Kim will do a bungee jump to show his wellbeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I remember when Mao was not seen for a while there would be speculation that he was dead or dying until we saw footage of him happily swimming in the Yangtse river,maybe Kim will do a bungee jump to show his wellbeing.

I saw fake Kim Jong Un burial images . It now a conspiracy.

I do remember, it took over a week for North Korean leadership to confirm Kim Jong Ill died. If he has died, 2020 a wild ride. The man has no natural successor his kids are too young and don't think any of his brothers are alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I saw fake Kim Jong Un burial images . It now a conspiracy.

I do remember, it took over a week for North Korean leadership to confirm Kim Jong Ill died. If he has died, 2020 a wild ride. The man has no natural successor his kids are too young and don't think any of his brothers are alive?

What will the orange haired gent do if rocket man has died?
    He'll be devastated with loosing the prospect of a peace treaty:)

What will the orange haired gent do if rocket man has died?
    He'll be devastated with loosing the prospect of a peace treaty:)

I think we should be more worried about a collapse of a nuclear weapon state! Again it not confirmed, but something to keep an eye on. If there is no successor within the Kim family, the dynasty could end!

Just posted in the last hour on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1253820130762473473

Kim is obviously ill (could recover) or dead? Fact the calling in a "team" from China which likely includes politicians and military people also with medical staff suggests something happening inside the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

I reckon the great leader is just hiding from the virus.

All theories are plausible till we see him in public. There no doubt Covid-19 hit North Korea.

How bad is the situation?. He could appear tomorrow and the rumor mill will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

The great leader does not hide and is immune to virus. Get in line

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Looking more like he could be dead alright:

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1253760139380867073?

Looking more like he could be dead alright:

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1253760139380867073?

It's the rumor I posted yesterday. She works for this TV station. One source is not enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Rumour is he's still fine and kicking/rolling about the place.
    Isolating himself in some spa type beach resort (sea air is best stuff) in NK as all his cronies/servants have a bad dose of the wuflu.
    If big Kim actually gets the flu, he's brown bread (obese with various health & circulation issues).

Kim Yo-jong would likely take-over anyway, she's not a totally bad looker (the firm but strict type), even smiles occasionally on camera.
    Spent time in Switzerland also (luckily she avoided the cheese {Emmental} fetish), reckon this younger lady might even secretly enjoy chart k-pop or karaoke.
    Give her a celeb instagram profile, lots of facelikes and free shoes, she'll be skating on Venice Beach in no time with an ice-cream in one hand, iphone in other.

Unified Korea on PPower@3.0 <2023, worth a consideration, would prefer 2025, but compound interest loss, makes this less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

If allah is good he is.

If allah is good he is.

A mainstream network reporting this now.

Kim Jong Un is in 'vegetative state', Japanese media claims; China medical experts dispatched to North Korea.

If his in vegetative state he could be in coma or on life support or already dead?

stent procedure gone wrong? Heart issue looks like.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/kim-jong-un-is-in-vegetative-state-japanese-media-claims-china-medical-experts-dispatched-to-north-korea

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

More rumours that he is in a vegetative state after surgery

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    More rumours that he is in a vegetative state after surgery

US intelligence has detected a mobile missile launcher deployed at Sondok Airfield, along North Koreas east coast.

Chinese and Japanese outlets are now claiming he is a veg:eek: It not confirmed till we have hard facts. Maybe they got intelligence to that fact?

I would tend to think something is wrong. He hasn't been at two key events in NK's calendar, he is known to have health issues. If I were to completely speculate based on what we know, he's had some sort of health complication, NK doctors have possibly screwed up, got the Chinese team to come over, they've seen things - people are gleaning info from what they've apparently witnessed

Will see

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I would tend to think something is wrong. He hasn't been at two key events in NK's calendar, he is known to have health issues. If I were to completely speculate based on what we know, he's had some sort of health complication, NK doctors have possibly screwed up, got the Chinese team to come over, they've seen things - people are gleaning info from what they've apparently witnessed

Will see

Be something if she ends up being the next leader? Kim sister.

A woman controlling a militaristic Stalinist state?
    510889.png

I don't think he has a brother left to take over. He killed one brother already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

510889.png

I don't think he has a brother left to take over. He killed one brother already.

I think he has an older brother, and an uncle that has recently returned to NK after time spent as a diplomat in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I think he has an older brother, and an uncle that has recently returned to NK after time spent as a diplomat in Europe

She’ll fit in nicely.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/25/why-do-female-leaders-seem-to-be-more-successful-at-managing-the-coronavirus-crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I’d hate to be those doctors and their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

If there is a power struggle for leadership in the event of Kim's death or incapacitation I wonder if it is likely that it could open North Korea more to the West. I'm thinking along the lines of a say a general attempting to solidify his power against other internal factions, and perhaps even the Chinese. If they accepted American help to secure their leadership in exchange for cooperation, open trade, acceptance of foreign investment, etc. Being an American friend greatly helped quite a few tyrannical dictators throughout the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

510889.png

Spitting image of Dominic Cummings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

510889.png

"Behind every strong man there is a strong woman".

And this lady has always been the strong woman behind Kim Jong Un.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

dockysher wrote: »
    The great leader does not hide and is immune to virus. Get in line

Your thinking of the other great leader with orange hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Your thinking of the other great leader with orange hair :D

From drinking Dettol.

It very hard to get actual intelligence from inside North Korea. The most reliable report was by Reuters. Medical team from China has visited North Korea. All we know for sure he is unwell and sick.

Others say he is dead.

Eventually we find out who's reporting correctly. If he has another brother his not involved in politics. He may not have the right frame of mind to rule.

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1254168213807652864

Kim train spotted in Wonsan. Reporter believes something major is happening inside North Korea.

He recalls his father was transported on a train when he died. Cnn said formal/solemn way to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

It very hard to get actual intelligence from inside North Korea. The most reliable report was by Reuters. Medical team from China has visited North Korea. All we know for sure he is unwell and sick.

Others say he is dead.

Eventually we find out who's reporting correctly. If he has another brother his not involved in politics. He may not have the right frame of mind to rule.

This is his older brother,
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-chul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Possibly the best headline of the month from the NYT:
    Kim Jong Un may be 'holed up' with his 2,000-woman ‘Pleasure Squad’
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/01/kim-jong-un-may-be-holed-up-with-his-pleasure-squad-report/
    This is equal to 111.11 golf courses, assuming stright forward play.

Advertisement