Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants offering takeaway during Covid19

Options
  • 26-03-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Anyone aware of decent restaurants in kilkenny city that are offering a takeaway service during the current pandemic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Lana, la rivista and Apache are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I saw on Rive Gauches FB page that they are opening some sort of takeaway food place where Uncle Sams used be. Gonna be called Sams.

https://www.facebook.com/678910612200128/posts/2836433623114472/?d=n&substory_index=0

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Zuni, Aran, Cakeface and Knockdrinna cafe.
    Not everyday though, check out their social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Aroi also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I saw on Rive Gauches FB page that they are opening some sort of takeaway food place where Uncle Sams used be. Gonna be called Sams.

https://www.facebook.com/678910612200128/posts/2836433623114472/?d=n&substory_index=0

Interesting. Is this a short term venture? Anyone been?

I see 'date night' offer at the moment, looks expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Interesting. Is this a short term venture? Anyone been?

I see 'date night' offer at the moment, looks expensive!

Everything looks expensive on their menu to be honest.

Lana now fully closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Aran are open. Ring in order and take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I see the Glendine are doing takeaway stuff too until 7pm.

I think Lana still open, weird.

Loving Aran at the moment. Fresh bread, sweet and savoury. Takeaway lunches and pizza on Sunday night.

• Advertisement

I think Lana still open, weird.

Loving Aran at the moment. Fresh bread, sweet and savoury. Takeaway lunches and pizza on Sunday night.

Lana were closed, they re-opened. Several did this weekend.
    Went to Sams the other night. Lovely Pizza but chips/cheese thing I got was awful, dried and congealed. I'd collected over the phone so ne real excuse for it.
    I thought they'd gutted and redecorated Uncle Sams. Looks like they painted it and a new sign. Always thought it was right kip but had a loyal following. Not sure I'd be too bothered going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Shimla was open but think they may now have closed.

Royal Spice is open, but it's no Shimla IMHO.

Must try Aran, have heard nothing but good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

road_high wrote: »
    Went to Sams the other night. Lovely Pizza but chips/cheese thing I got was awful, dried and congealed. I'd collected over the phone so ne real excuse for it.
    I thought they'd gutted and redecorated Uncle Sams. Looks like they painted it and a new sign. Always thought it was right kip but had a loyal following. Not sure I'd be too bothered going back.

Uncle sams was always great after a few pints finish a good night out but when you woke up next morning tummy was never great that's back in the mid 1990 , got sence stopped going cured the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Must try Aran, have heard nothing but good things.

So I tried the pizza from Aran last night.

Sweet mother of Jesus, it was the best pizza I've had in my life. Unreal.

At €16 for a 12", feeding the family wouldn't come cheap but if you haven't tried it, treat yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Mario's reopened to day for takeaway service .

Never went to original Sam's.

Is this the same setup?

Never went to original Sam's.

Is this the same setup?

Looks exact same. New sign and lick of paint only with much higher prices.

Newpark is doing takeaway meals now too but having eaten there twice (carvery and restaurants) in the past six months I felt their portion sizes were paltry but at the same time having gone to a few weddings there, it was a different experience.

Newpark is doing takeaway meals now too but having eaten there twice (carvery and restaurants) in the past six months I felt their portion sizes were paltry but at the same time having gone to a few weddings there, it was a different experience.

Sundays only it seems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Have they replaced the floor tiles? The couple of times I took the kids in when they were younger we all nearly broke our necks. The place was like a skating rink. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Barrow's Keep in Thomastown are doing takeaway pizza. I love their pizza. I don't think I could convince the guards it's a necessary journey though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

https://www.facebook.com/118606674865899/posts/2990009004392304/?d=n

List of businesses doing food , takeaway, order online etc

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Is there anywhere yet you can sit outside to eat..birthday celebration this weekend would love to sit outside somewhere ...but maybe thats not allowed yet? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Seen that La Trattoria On John st has reopened for delivery and take away, and also on just eat

Had a amazing pizza form there last night !!!

Also seen that quite a few other bussiness in Kilkenny have joined just eat to

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Is there anywhere yet you can sit outside to eat..birthday celebration this weekend would love to sit outside somewhere ...but maybe thats not allowed yet? cheers

I don’t think it’s allowed yet. June 29th is the next phase

1984baby wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s allowed yet. June 29th is the next phase

Thank you, yep, we just got takeaway and brought home, cant wait to eat out again

Thank you, yep, we just got takeaway and brought home, cant wait to eat out again

A lot of people were getting takeaway food in the design centre and sitting out on rugs in the castle park opposite it but the weather isn’t great for the next few days.

A lot of people were getting takeaway food in the design centre and sitting out on rugs in the castle park opposite it but the weather isn’t great for the next few days.

Thats sounds like a great idea, cheers

Advertisement