Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast

Options
  • 18-08-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Any decent spots around Kilkenny to get breakfast on a saturday or sunday morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Plenty of good spots. For a full Irish I would recommend the world's end. Pub ain't great but the little cafe on the front of it does a great breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The fig tree is a lovely spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Comerman

I'd reckon he was beery lads, he posted at 10pm Sunday night, breakfast was probably forgotten by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Gatling wrote: »
    The fig tree is a lovely spot

Thanks for the suggestions, will be down in a few weeks so will look them up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Worlds end. Best hangover cure in kk. Give the pub out the back a miss though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Comerman

Thanks for the suggestions, will be down in a few weeks so will look them up

AhHa, apologies, upstairs in the book centre do a great breakfast.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm still dying to do the TWE breakfast.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I'm still dying to do the TWE breakfast.

You wont be disappointed. Cooked fresh there and then. If you want 2 eggs no bother...and no extra charge. Nice fella. Hurled for wexford at one stage,although you wouldn't hold that against him,at least it's not Tipp. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Going to Kilkenny Sunday for two days and looking at straight from Dublin to it and getting breakfast there

Whats a TWE breakfast?

Or any recommendations just outside Kilkenny?

Thanks

jeffk wrote: »
    Going to Kilkenny Sunday for two days and looking at straight from Dublin to it and getting breakfast there

Whats a TWE breakfast?

Or any recommendations just outside Kilkenny?

Thanks
    TWE,The World's End pub. A kip of a pub, don't go...seriously! The cafe at the front does a master breakfast though. Why stop on the way down. You have motorway all the way. If you're driving home after a night on the beer the gards often have a bagging point on the n10 to catch unsuspecting dubs in the mornings

• Advertisement

TWE,The World's End pub. A kip of a pub, don't go...seriously! The cafe at the front does a master breakfast though.

AAAAAHHHH makes sense now

Staying in Rivercourt so literally beside it, so likely go there for breakfast :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If you're hungover, the world's end breakie is the business, I've had it a few times since I wrote my previous post in this thread. We had a whole discussion in class today about the best breakfasts, Billy Byrne's also good, Aran has won some award but I've had terrible experiences both times I've gone, someone was saying the club house was good also. If I was going with the lads, the world's end, if I was going with Mrs. Havoc, Billy Byrnes.

If you're hungover, the world's end breakie is the business, I've had it a few times since I wrote my previous post in this thread. We had a whole discussion in class today about the best breakfasts, Billy Byrne's also good, Aran has won some award but I've had terrible experiences both times I've gone, someone was saying the club house was good also. If I was going with the lads, the world's end, if I was going with Mrs. Havoc, Billy Byrnes.

Any reason/s for this?

Herself not fussy, so just making sure to be sure :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Aran or Cafe le Coco if you're feeling hipster.

I like Billy Byrnes, especially if you're a day two type situation.

[/B]

Any reason/s for this?

Herself not fussy, so just making sure to be sure :cool:

It's a pub but nice setting. Nice breakfast, different options. The world's end end is more full Irish, cheap and cheerful.

Sorted.

Sorted.

Where's that?

Where's that?

World's End

World's End

Looks good, think I'll be heading there tomorrow so

Thanks

Just finished breakfast, as was said on here, but a fry is a fry and keep us going for the day

Thanks for info etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’ve gone around to that Aran place a few times and both occasions a queue out the door. Seriously couldn’t be bothered. I know it’s nice but not worth the hassle of that. They should consider bigger premises if they can

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Long time since I been in KK city, is the Pantry still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

Snorlaxx wrote: »

Its still there. I went at 8am after night shift with the lads. Apparently it was only place open that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Snorlaxx wrote: »

🀀🀀 Eclairs from the Pantry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Breakfast in Butler house, if
    you want a treat

Advertisement