Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge Spoon vs Madison Flux?

Options
  • 07-06-2020 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi, as above, really. I have an MTB hardtail that is generally used on urban speed bumps, rough country roads and the occasional rutted track. I wear just regular shorts or jeans. The original saddle is ok, but I'm thinking of a Charge Spoon or Madison Flux for a bit more comfort. Are they pretty identical with regards to comfort, hard-wearing-ness and so on? Breathable but rain-resistant would be good too. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭covey123

woody33 wrote: »
    hard-wearing-ness and so on?.

I have the Charge Spoon on a bike that's about 10 years old,not really used now but have put a lot of milage up on it and saddle is still in perfect condition so definitely hard wearing, obviously a personal thing, but very comfortable too imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have Fizik Antares saddles on my three road bikes. I love them, fit me perfectly and look good.
    Last year, I put a tan Charge Spoon on my 20 year old fully rigid MTB.
    I got it because it was cheap and I read good reviews about it.
    Since the lockdown, I have used my MTB almost exclusively, because I have been using bad roads quite a bit, in order to stay within the 5km limit. Since lockdown, I have averaged about 200kms a week.
    The Spoon has been really comfortable, every bit as comfortable as the Antares.
    It is well made and IMO looks really well. I don't know how hard wearing it will be.
    But, saddle choice is very personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Thanks, the charge spoon is well regarded, it's a toss up between that and the apparently very similar madison flex.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The Spoon seems to be 8mm wider, I can't find the length.
    Other than that, they appear to be very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Eamonnator wrote: »
    The Spoon seems to be 8mm wider, I can't find the length.
    Other than that, they appear to be very similar.

Hmm, interesting, I think I'd prefer wider.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have Fizik Antares saddles on my three road bikes. I love them, fit me perfectly and look good.
    Last year, I put a tan Charge Spoon on my 20 year old fully rigid MTB.
    I got it because it was cheap and I read good reviews about it.
    Since the lockdown, I have used my MTB almost exclusively, because I have been using bad roads quite a bit, in order to stay within the 5km limit. Since lockdown, I have averaged about 200kms a week.
    The Spoon has been really comfortable, every bit as comfortable as the Antares.
    It is well made and IMO looks really well. I don't know how hard wearing it will be.
    But, saddle choice is very personal.

Same here, I fit the Antares and the Spoon perfectly. For less than €30, your not going to do better than a Charge Spoon. Not sure how long the good value on the Spoon will last with Charge folding AFAIK a year or two ago. I might try and pick up a spare one or two sooner rather than later.

Advertisement