Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does USPS tracking update after leaving USA?

Options
  • 03-06-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

I bought an item off Etsy at the end of April, tracking on the USPS site shows it left Chicago O'Hare airport on May 9th and just says current status is In Transit.

I saw something online that mentioned USPS tracking doesn't update once it's left the USA, is this true?

It's been 3 weeks since it left the US and still not arrived here. Not sure who I should call about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

I can't speak specifically for USPS as I haven't used them in a long time, but in general most postal services don't have any "inbetween" tracking. There's usually no updates between it being exported from the origin country and it arriving in the destination country's postal system. Which means that it could be in Ireland but An Post haven't scanned it yet.

The exception to this is couriers that use their own networks like DHL, FedEx and UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I bought an item off Etsy at the end of April, tracking on the USPS site shows it left Chicago O'Hare airport on May 9th and just says current status is In Transit.

I saw something online that mentioned USPS tracking doesn't update once it's left the USA, is this true?

It's been 3 weeks since it left the US and still not arrived here. Not sure who I should call about it?

I can confirm it does track and can be used with the An Post tracking too once it is in our country. My tracking began with “LX”. Huge delays with the item I ordered. It sat in a USPS facility for a month between end of April to the end of May on account of Covid. Contact the sender and get them to follow up as once mine departed the US (Chicago) on May 24th, it was delivered on May 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There are other threads on similar.

It may have scanned in Chicago, but this doesn't mean it has left. It's probably in a holding area until it gets space on a flight. With most flights cancelled, there's very little cargo space. Parcels from USA are taking about 8 weeks

Advertisement