Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reopenings in Dublin City (Mod note in OP)

Options
  • 16-05-2020 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin City Council has confirmed the following areas will reopen on Monday in light of yesterday’s announcement:
    • Allotments
    • Silloge golf course for club members and the public provided they pre-book in advance
    • Tolka Valley golf course to the public provided it’s pre-booked
    • Tennis courts, but only where there is a club to manage the courts in accordance with social distancing guidelines
    • Car parks associated with outdoor amenities
    • The Causeway Road to the Bull Island Nature Reserve to vehicles. A new dedicated cycleway along the Causeway Road will be outlined to facilitate cycling

* As it relates specifically to Dublin City, posting here rather than in main Coronavirus forum - hope that's ok mods.

Mod note: Lets keep this purely for information with no debate which is amply covered in the Coronavirus forum. Cheers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sillogue golf course may not be opening after what happened today...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Botanic Gardens opening on Monday too I believe.

retalivity wrote: »

Where exactly was this scrapyard anyone know?

Botanic Gardens opening on Monday too I believe.

Where exactly was this scrapyard anyone know?

On the road to the nct centre, here -
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/MgwAwyQhb2gFL9uu7

Anyone know if Internet cafes are opened? There is/was one near me on clanbrassil st that is closed, only other one I know of is on Lord Edward st, but haven't been up that way in a while. Web search says they are all closed.
    Need to get stuff printed, but don't have a printer and cant get into my office for covid reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Anyone know if Internet cafes are opened? There is/was one near me on clanbrassil st that is closed, only other one I know of is on Lord Edward st, but haven't been up that way in a while. Web search says they are all closed.
    Need to get stuff printed, but don't have a printer and cant get into my office for covid reasons...

Won't be. Anywhere you can sit in remains closed. Internet cafes will be late to open, and would be high risk with people sharing keyboards etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Lockdown the second beckons!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah come on, give us a clue!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

There's a print shop in Smithfield Square that's open - Orca print: https://orcaprint.ie/. It's just past the chimney and entrance to Jameson Distiller. The website has another shop on chancery place, but I don't know if they moved from there or that's open as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's one open on Dame Street, across the road from the Central Bank. Walked past it earlier. (Print Centre I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dublin Zoo has confirmed that it will reopen to the public tomorrow in a reduced capacity and under new strict health and safety protocols. Tickets to attend Dublin Zoo must now be pre-booked online in advance, solely via its website. Tickets will not be sold at the gate. Visits will be divided into two daily sessions, one morning and one afternoon, with a maximum of 500 people in for each initial trial period. This is less than 10% of the usual capacity at any one time. The morning session will run from 9.30am to 1pm and the afternoon session will run from 2pm to 5.30pm.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-zoo-reopening-5112317-Jun2020/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement