Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Return - How long to process on Revenue?

Options
  • 06-05-2020 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey all!

I have a hobby website that generates income. I submitted my 2019 Tax Return to revenue adding "additional income".

I've sent of an enquiry in March and they got back to me informing me a refund should be in my account soon. I had to clarify and say I was trying to pay tax for 2019 and it got pushed on to someone else.

Eventually someone else got back to me confirming it had been submitted and that I now need to register for self assessment (where they roughly expect me to earn this much from the side hobby each year), which I have now done.

So I've submitted the tax return and registered for tax.

However I am utterly confused on how to proceed now. In the last correspondence with revenue they told me that "The production of demand for payment is currently being worked on, however I can not give you a date of issue".

So I'm assuming I just need to wait now until they request payment? This is my first time sorting all of this and I've been extremely confused about something that I was told is fairly standard/easy to sort out.

Advice from people who have dealt with this before would be very welcome!

Lastly, I have the money for the tax in a "savings" account alongside my main bank account, this shouldn't pose an issue should it?

EDIT: Revenue website is working again and I was able to get in and get the complete response from them. Here is the response I received:

I have checked your profile and I can see that the Form 12 for 2019 has been processed. The production of demand for payment is currently being worked on, however I can not give you a date of issue.
    There are two options to make this payment.
    1. You can ring the Collector Generals office and make a payment over the phone using your Visa Debit/Credit Card. Tel: 01 738 3663
    2. You can make the payment online using myAccount, a guide to help you is available on www.revenue.ie.
    Based on the amount of Trading Profit you submitted in 2019 you must register for Income Tax as your non PAYE income is in excess of 5000 euro.
    This can be done by completing the attached form or by registering online using myAccount
    You will from now on be required to submit a completed eForm 11. It will be compulsory to for you to pay and file online.
    I trust that this is in order
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

I haven’t dealt with it before but you need to do a full tax return and the form12 isn’t sufficient. Get an accountant! This shouldn’t be too expensive - €300-400. It’s a tax deductible expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Last time I submitted a refund claim (PAYE mind) I had it approved in a few days and in my account 48hrs or so after getting the Form back.

Would imagine Revenue are exceptionally busy dealing with queries about the Covid payments since they aren't taxing it yet and it's causing a lot of confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Revenue rang me today out of the blue, an absolutely lovely woman who guided me through exactly what to do. I was incorrectly doing it under myAccount when I should have been doing it under ROS. She spoke me through the steps and told me I could ring back if I ever had any issues or needed any assistance. Absolutely taken aback by how helpful she was so now I'm on the right path and have requested a RAN number! Once I have my RAN number, I can do a full tax return on ROS.

Advertisement