Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Icke

Options
13»

Comments

Pre-Covid days? Good oul? Sounding old my man.

That was a month ago here in Ireland not 50 year ago.

The ould dementia kicking in with old age? ; )

Yeah he sounds old. Older by about 4 months.
    Yeah but lizard people. Like, Where's the grain of truth in that?

Not just normal lizard people but shape-shifting lizard people. ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Current Affairs. I'll notify the local mods who can re-open if they deem appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Thread opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

bigroad wrote: »
    Even if he is a bit out there ,its always important to question the norm.

Even better when it’s someone who claimed to be Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Ipso wrote: »
    Even better when it’s someone who claimed to be Jesus.

From goalkeeper to Messiah....although he backtracked on that as a "misunderstanding". Bollox, he got laughed out of town and waited for it to all die down before he came back with his conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

From goalkeeper to Messiah....although he backtracked on that as a "misunderstanding". Bollox, he got laughed out of town and waited for it to all die down before he came back with his conspiracy theories.

And the sheep lap it up. Truly one of the big boy grifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Some of his spiel is based on books he read by some Rudolf Steiner guy

I'll give him one thing, he seems to have the knack for "guessing" what country is next in line for freedomising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Yeah but lizard people. Like, Where's the grain of truth in that?

V = Red dust, but don't quote me on that ;)
    The Lizard people are everywhere, they are aliens who appear to us in human form, they are the luminati, they are the world's leaders, and they sit upon the top of the pyramid, (invisible to normal human perception of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Why would anyone waste there time listening to that clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

valoren wrote: »
    Icke is a pro conspiracy theorist ie. He doesn't actually believe the bs he comes out with but is clever enough to monetise it to gullible types.

Corona virus is obviously the global issue at the moment holding everyone’s attention. 5G roll out is secondary in comparison and has very much been a peripheral item in the public eye. The concerns about 5G relate to biological effects from the radiation.

If you’re a professional conspiracy theorist like Icke who has based a career on mugging off scientifically ignorant people then the current health impasse presents a gilt edged opportunity to monetize via the global reach of YouTube.

All Icke has to do is make the association between the virus and 5G’s radiation and you have a conspiracy theory which will draw in millions of people who are gullible and/or concerned about the health implications.

Given that the correlation between 5G and Coronavirus is patent nonsense then YouTube as an entity are thankfully not willing to act as an intermediary for professional conspiracy theorists to drum up disinformation and line their pockets in the process particularly while such disinformation is inciting danger whereas hosting flath earth/chem trail/moon hoax morons et al is effectively harmless.

Oh no I think he genuinely believes the stuff he says alrite. Remember he is a BBC trained broadcaster so hence he is very articulate and knows who to convey a message. If he didn't have those skills he would just be a bumbling idiot mumbling in the corner who no one listens to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Why would anyone waste there time listening to that clown?

That one interview has 5.5 million views on Youtube, and it's not all rubbernecking either, these types of snake-oil merchants and loons can have millions of followers and supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Oh no I think he genuinely believes the stuff he says alrite. Remember he is a BBC trained broadcaster so hence he is very articulate and knows who to convey a message. If he didn't have those skills he would just be a bumbling idiot mumbling in the corner who no one listens to

Very hard to know. I watched a couple of his interviews in the last few days and it's very hard to tell. My Mrs reckons he's just psychotic and does believe it. He just has the polish to articulate it well - as you said above.

I'm not so sure. I think he just knows there's a market and he's filling the market. Much like fox news or the guardian or Jordan Peterson or Tommy Robinson. They might or might not believe what they're saying, but I don't think anyone gets that famous without knowing what the people want and tailoring the message for their target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Very hard to know. I watched a couple of his interviews in the last few days and it's very hard to tell. My Mrs reckons he's just psychotic and does believe it. He just has the polish to articulate it well - as you said above.

I'm not so sure. I think he just knows there's a market and he's filling the market. Much like fox news or the guardian or Jordan Peterson or Tommy Robinson. They might or might not believe what they're saying, but I don't think anyone gets that famous without knowing what the people want and tailoring the message for their target audience.

he came across as very sincere in the early days when he was still doing interviews on broadcast media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I don't know if anyone would put themselves and their families through years of ridicule for something they are just doing for money. Its hard to fake something like that, perhaps an extreme narcissist might. He had a lucrative career with the BBC and then gave that up to talk about Lizards? Dosen't sound like a promising career move. Its only in recent years he has began to attract a bigger audience. He may have PR people around him etc who are advising him on how to monetize his beliefs but he is someone from what I've seen wouldn't be taking advice from many people, he is 100% cuckoo as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SaintPat

Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People.

SaintPat wrote: »
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People.

Lunatic minds discuss lizard people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SaintPat wrote: »

and simple minds just trot out pat phrases in a pretence of wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SaintPat

I never understood it myself. I have no interest in knitting so would never ever join a knitting forum or even post in it much less spend several hours a day in it like these folk do!.
    Dedicating their lifes to something they dont believe in.
    And about 50 people who think its all insane and anyone who questions anything is a tin foil hat wearing loon yet literally live there and respond in 1 or 2 minutes on everything.

A conspirator would have an interest in sabotaging discussions in a conspiracy forum. Wouldn't he? So perhaps their dedication can be attributed to the fact that they are personally affected and have interests to protect. Ever present, alert and barking like sheepdogs to keep the sheep in line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I never understood it myself. I have no interest in knitting so would never ever join a knitting forum or even post in it much less spend several hours a day in it like these folk do!.
    Dedicating their lifes to something they dont believe in.

:D:D knitting forum. I think the Skeptic forum closed down, not sure when, so they spend time here now..

I never seen any of them yet accept a conspiracy correct on this forum.

:D:D knitting forum. I think the Skeptic forum closed down, not sure when, so they spend time here now..

I never seen any of them yet accept a conspiracy correct on this forum.

As mentioned so many times, conspiracies, collusion and corruption happen all the time. Off the top of my head: cash for honors, Russian state sports doping, Libor rate fixing scandal, intelligence manipulation in the Iraq war, 1MDB, Skripal poisoning, Panama Papers, emissions scandal, FIFA bribery..

You don't see that stuff discussed here. Nope, too boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

One of my favourites of his is the moon is a hologram !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    One of my favourites of his is the moon is a hologram !
    That looks like one you've made up yourself (fake news), or personally believe in. As Dave never has said this, his only suggestion is that it's hollow(ish) or some sort of artifical physical structure.

This is very unlikely, it simply has a lower density (-40%) than Earth, the result of a smaller core and thin crust.

However the moon itself certainly has some interesting math in relation to Earth & Sun (recrepical locks).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

bigroad wrote: »
    Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese.

Didn't David Icke suggest that the moon is an alien made hollow viewing gallery, designed millions of years ago, so that they can keep an eye on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

Didn't David Icke suggest that the moon is an alien made hollow viewing gallery, designed millions of years ago, so that they can keep an eye on us!
    That's very true ,remember the man in the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Facebook and Youtube accounts both deleted by respective Sheeple Corporations ;) You can BS all you like about Jewish conspiracies and Lizards in Buck House but public health is far too important.

bUT tHaT'S cENsORShip!

Advertisement