Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star/bright light went over my house

Options
  • 06-06-2020 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

At 1.24am,so 5 mins ago a white light,that looked like a star flew over my house,travelling west to east.Im in north Dublin,so used to seeing high altitude planes flying overhead.However,this object was just a bright white circle,had no flashing lights and travelled across the sky maybe 8 times quicker than a high altitude plane,it also made no noise.I seen a shooting star/meteoir over Ringsend about 25 years ago,but that travelled much much quicker and left a question mark shaped trail in the sky,so this object tonight wasnt that.Anyone know what I could have seen,maybe the ISS?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

It was the starlink train of satellites, I was out in the garden just to see them pass over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Thanks Bsal,although I just seen one,from what Ive seen on the net there should be a train off them moving along together??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks Bsal,although I just seen one,from what Ive seen on the net there should be a train off them moving along together??

They gradually seperate over the days after the launch. Check out this website for ISS and Starlink passes, register and give it your location ....

https://www.heavens-above.com

Advertisement