Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welfare ignoring applications

Options
  • 28-09-2020 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

So I was given a UP14 form by my boss because they reduced my days from 5 to 3 per week. From what I read I'm entitled to 80€ for every day out of work.

So I applied online and got voice mail that the claim was accepted but they need to verify my identity over the phone. Asked me to call back.

Tried calling back several times from mobile and landline on different days of the week. It straight away just gives me busy signal.

3 days later I get a letter telling me the claim was rejected as I didn't attempt to contact them which is nonsense.

I filled in the online form again (it's in limbo now for a month and nothing happened, it's just pending review indefinitely)

Then looked up the nearest job center and queued there for 1 hour to update my phone number with them, now I'm verified with MyGovID. The people I spoke with in the queue said it was packed full of people out onto the sidewalk. I was lucky to be 2nd in queue.

I'm working now 2 months on reduced hours and didn't see a cent of supplement. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Anyone in the sa

Comments

Advertisement