Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card entitlement?

Options
  • 27-09-2020 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi my Oh works and earns €350 per week and I'm on unemployment @€;180 per week,we have 2 children so we are over the limit for medical card combined€530,can I sign off my unemployment benefit and get my OH to claim WFP as its not counted for medical card entitlement,so just her €350 and claim WFP for family? We would be €15/20 per week worse off but medical card is essential,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

reaper180 wrote: »
    Hi my Oh works and earns €350 per week and I'm on unemployment @€;180 per week,we have 2 children so we are over the limit for medical card combined€530,can I sign off my unemployment benefit and get my OH to claim WFP as its not counted for medical card entitlement,so just her €350 and claim WFP for family? We would be €15/20 per week worse off but medical card is essential,thanks

Yes, that would work, better off getting the medical card for all of you, you then wont have the bother of signing on etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Yes, that would work, better off getting the medical card for all of you, you then wont have the bother of signing on etc...

Would there be a problem doing this ? Or is it ok to do,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Dole office staff are actually v helpful and would tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

no problem at all , infact surprised claiming WFP wasn't recommended from social welfare to have the option, they would rather you claim this and keep unemployment figures low you are then off the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Just be aware the waiting times for WFP can be very long, you will be backdated but you’d have to do with just your partners wages until it comes through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement