Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir credit disappearing

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Thanks. This isn't the issue for me because I have always kept my credit with the package I was on so money never left unless I used it. It is only since January since they took away my package that the credit is disappearing. I'm going to ring them tomorrow.
    Keep a log of the conversation (time, names, key points) as I'd put money on it not being resolved just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

I have just contacted them. He told me that it is data charge that is taking the credits. I never have my data turned on but he said some apps if they need to update can access the Mobile data even if it is off. Not sure how it can but it obviously was happening because he was able to tell me the times the most recent being at 11.52 at night I told him I was in the house at that stage where the wifi is on. Anyway he refunded me €15 and has put data baring on my phone. I'm fine with that because I don't use data out I only use WiFi. I would prefer if it could have been like before if the option was there if I needed it but. Its pointless if it means my credit is going. He was really helpful which is great. So anyone thst the credit is going down by 1.99 a go that is probably the reason. It is the cost of the daily Internet pass. Thanks for the help on here. He also told me that what the girl told me last time that I wasn't on any package wasn't true he said I'm on the package that I am meant to be on. The next time I top up by €20 I'll find out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

For anyone on iPhone seeing unexpected data usage, iPhone has a setting called "Wi-Fi Assist". It allows the phone to use mobile data when it decides that your wifi connection is poor. I noticed that my phone was occasionally using mobile data even when mobile data was turned off, and Wi-Fi Assist was the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That's like the exact same phone call I had

fritzelly wrote: »
    That's like the exact same phone call I had
    Well if the data baring stops the credit going I don't mind. If I topped up every month and had a package including Internet I would not have that issue. I'm not going to sign up and have to put €30 in every month when I have free calls and WiFi n the house. €20 used to last me 2 or 3 months as I don't use the mobile much. So data baring might not suit everyone but it did for me. I hope you got sorted in the end.

• Advertisement

Switched to Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Magzire

My mom added 20e on March 30. After two short calls its now 0.74.

Data and roaming off. Getting her onto 48.ie with only 8e a month unlimited everything. What a **** joke

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Most likely she clicked some scam message and is now in a never-ending premium rate scam.

Possibly it was the Cadbury free Easter egg scam that tens of thousands of people got sucked in by.

Btw, anyone that clicked on that Cadbury Easter egg scam should immediately check what information they sent/inputted and make changes immediately.

https://news.sky.com/story/cadbury-issues-warning-over-easter-chocolate-whatsapp-scam-12579457

Yes I am with eur and have issues but it is with data credit been raven when out of my 30 day package, it is 1.99 a day. If hers has gone down that much in a few days it is a different issue, like another poster said it sounds more like a scam thing that she has accidentally got caught up in.

Is she on a package where if she tops up by 20 they take the 20 to cover free calls and texts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Purchased a eir sim back in March with €10 on it. *#100# and the phone is down to €6.12

Contact Eircom and they said it must have been Data. Yet the phone doesn’t even have internet capability!!! Old Nokia. It’s a 2G phone with no even browser. Turned off since March!

suggest anyone that’s missing credit to put in a request looking for actual proof that your phone connected to the internet.

Dealing with Eir is not worth the stress - just move to someone else

But interesting to hear you had a phone not capable of internet but still getting charged for it, data charges weren't even showing up on the listed charges but still they kept coming off multiple times a day

Advertisement