Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV 2.5 years old having issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

daheff wrote: »
    Had a Bosch dishwasher heating element fail over the weekend. 3.5 years old

PowerCity/Bosch both did the fob off out of warranty blah blah, even after reminding them of Sale of Goods & Services act.

Gave them 10 days to respond.

Missus wants a working dishwasher. If they don't respond in 10 days can i go buy a new dishwasher (not from them obvs) and then request refund (or go via SCC and request refund)?

Or how long is a reasonable time to be without working appliance before you replace it yourself?

Yeah you're not going to get a full refund after getting 3.5 years of use from the appliance, you might get 1/3 of the initial price I'd guess. PC doesn't care in the slightest about your reasonable time without the appliance, the issue is closed as far as they're concerned, they know it'll take a few months for SCC to get anywhere and know that people can't/won't wait that long without such an appliance so the vast majority of the time they get off scot-free.

Thankfully I've not set foot in a PC store in 15 years and going by the level of customer care seen quite regularly in this forum, I most likely never will again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

theteal wrote: »
    Yeah you're not going to get a full refund after getting 3.5 years of use from the appliance, you might get 1/3 of the initial price I'd guess. PC doesn't care in the slightest about your reasonable time without the appliance, the issue is closed as far as they're concerned, they know it'll take a few months for SCC to get anywhere and know that people can't/won't wait that long without such an appliance so the vast majority of the time they get off scot-free.

Thankfully I've not set foot in a PC store in 15 years and going by the level of customer care seen quite regularly in this forum, I most likely never will again.

yeah i know i won't get all the refund, but would still expect to get at least half the value of the appliance back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

daheff wrote: »
    I'm more than happy to take a repair, but in a reasonable timeframe. I'm trying to figure out how long is a reasonable timeframe to have them repair the appliance.

as an aside, they've admitted they don't have a repair facility.

I mean it would be more reasonable of you to repair the appliance and then claim that back using the small claims procedure. Assuming it's economical to repair it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

I mean it would be more reasonable of you to repair the appliance and then claim that back using the small claims procedure. Assuming it's economical to repair it.

Got quoted about half the retail price to repair it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Hope its ok to post this here
    Mods - please feel free to move if need be. Did spend an age looking for appropriate place to post my issue

I have a 65” Samsung TV
    In past week i am watching TV and without anyone touching the TV or any remote i am kicked off whatever im watching on SKY Q and the TV plays TV plus and Rakuten TV, it plays in a silly loop and on right hand side of my screen i see the TV plus menu showing stations that i can select, it constantly scrolls through them as it would if you were searching for a channel to play, only my remote is not doing it.

Wonder if anyone has had this issue
    I have been on to Samsung chat and followed all reset TV instructions, turned it on off, powered down, the lot!
    But it pops up after 20 seconds of watching SKY
    Its an old TV in that it must be 4 years old, software says its up to date, other TVs in house (Samsung too) work fine and dont have this issue.
    The issue is so frustrating and it flicks from channel to channel all the while it’s showing me the menu and scrolling through. Also when it kicks in i cant use sky remote to go back to HDMI connection, can on rare occasion but mostly unable to. The samsung remote also works sporadically when TV plus kicks in.

Samsung were unable to help me when I followed the advice and after 1 hour chat went dead, they say its wifi issues why chat dropped - i dunno

Wonder if anyone here has heard of or come across this issue?
    As it sits TV is basically useless to us and yet picture, and so on is great, im sure it can be fixed! i have looked after it as its my one indulgence.
    I would have bought in Harvey Normans 4 plus years ago, so warranty will hsve expired now.
    Its now looking like a €1000 bill to replace and cant really go there or justify that as wife on PUP payment due to covid.
    Any ideas please or suggestions on who to turn too here? I greatly appriciate any responses i may get here. Thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is there any chance the second mini remote is being crushed down the side of the couch or similar? Nobody ever uses them so they're easily forgotten and it was what was causing the sound to go off on my Samsung recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Plug it out and leave it plugged out over night. Plug all other boxes out, SKY, DVD it. For some reason that has worked for me when the sky q used to come on in the middle of a netflix film, or sound went to 1.

Plugged everything out, left it overnight and no more issues. Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Thanks for advice

sadly i did all this and so much more

the most frustrating thing i have ever had to deal with!

in the end i gave up, had old 42” spare so put that up and my 65” is down and lying against the side of the house now :-(

utter waste! But there was no fix, Samsung blamed SKY, but i could prove it was the TV and not sky box that was issue, fact is the 42” is working fine with the sky box over a week now!

ordered new LG OLED TV and due soon, im soooo done with Samsung, my personal experience is they are not great, cheap and eventually break!

not first Samsung TV issue i had but the software one was beyond annoying

will never buy Samsung again, had an old LG for years and worked great

Samsung are done with me, TVs not good enough and pushing software that causes issues and then customer service is bad, dont fix the issue just blame sky!!

thanks for the replies anyway

hopefully no one gets this issue as its clear, there is no fix!! :-(

Advertisement