Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trampoline

Options
  • 22-05-2020 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I've no idea where I'm supposed to post this. We want to get a trampoline for our nine year old, our three year old will be using it too.

The one we want in Smyths won't be available till August, we found this one but not sure how good it is.

Anyone come across this trampoline before

https://www.homesavers.ie/all-products/trampoline-enclosure-8ft

Or ever bought anything online from Homesavers? If so, was delivery quick?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

siblers wrote: »
    Hello

I've no idea where I'm supposed to post this. We want to get a trampoline for our nine year old, our three year old will be using it too.

The one we want in Smyths won't be available till August, we found this one but not sure how good it is.

Anyone come across this trampoline before

https://www.homesavers.ie/all-products/trampoline-enclosure-8ft

Or ever bought anything online from Homesavers? If so, was delivery quick?

Thanks
    I can’t answer your question!
    From past experience, I would make sure you can get spare parts for it before you buy it though, it’s a pain in the face if anything breaks if you can’t get replacements. Also, if you have more space, I’d be inclined to say that 8ft is A bit small, I’d personally wait a while until you can get bigger

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They are sold out everywhere and on back order - our one included.

Go for the biggest one you can afford and have room for - you might think a toddler only needs a small one, but they'll want mum or dad or their cousins /neighbours to join in as well so you do need space for them to bounce without bashing heads. The one you've linked is only 50kg.

And you'll want it to last a few years so factor in that when your 3yo is 10, she and her friends will still be using it so will need that space and bigger weight limits.

The in-ground ones are dearer, but a hell of a lot easier on the eye. I think the round ones are safer than square - something to do with physics which I barely have a clue about but basically the round ones kind of propel you into the safer centre, but square ones less so. I think!

I think Berg is the best brand, then Favorit. After that I don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darthlogan

Neyite wrote: »
    They are sold out everywhere and on back order - our one included.

Go for the biggest one you can afford and have room for - you might think a toddler only needs a small one, but they'll want mum or dad or their cousins /neighbours to join in as well so you do need space for them to bounce without bashing heads. The one you've linked is only 50kg.

And you'll want it to last a few years so factor in that when your 3yo is 10, she and her friends will still be using it so will need that space and bigger weight limits.

The in-ground ones are dearer, but a hell of a lot easier on the eye. I think the round ones are safer than square - something to do with physics which I barely have a clue about but basically the round ones kind of propel you into the safer centre, but square ones less so. I think!

I think Berg is the best brand, then Favorit. After that I don't really know.

--

Hi there, the Favorit is one of the Berg models. Also the round ones bounce higher in the centre, while the rectangular and square give a more even bounce across the mat.

Hope that helps:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GarySmith

I never shopped from Homesavers but bought a berg inground trampoline from Amazon. It came with safety nets. My 4 years old son enjoys jumping on it. :)

Advertisement