Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I just got €10 vouchers and will have nearly another €20 when the rest of my credits are approved so I think it's good seeing as it's only a few minutes of your time to do a survey. the last two surveys I participated in I got €3.50 and €2.50 and I was actually interested in the subjects as well so that was good. It's easier money than my real job anyway lol even if it won't exactly make you rich, every little bit helps as tesco says :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I just completed one for 4 euro, and I'm owed nearly 30 quid.
    Feckin pending credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Iv earned nearly 20 euro with irish opinions but its always pending and now they are saying there is a backlog. Im not going to let them get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

Been signed up for about 2 years. So far €120.00 in Tesco vouchers, with another €20.00 on the way. Plus I've €2.75 in the pot. Perhaps they don't like you?....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

What sort of a comment is that? I am yet again waiting and waiting for my voucher, how long does it take for them to send your rewards?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

alie wrote: »
    how long does it take for them to send your rewards?

It takes about 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Unless it is Amazon and they send those instanty.

Loads of surveys lately, but they are all over subscribed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I have been a member for about a year and a half and my balance is now up to about €46. I used to get regular surveys every couple of days but I haven't got one for a couple of weeks now. I have been getting e-mails from them telling me I can cash in my balance for vouchers so that's what I'm going to do. I don't think this is a scam at all. Maybe change the info in the personal section and you'll get offered more surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I have over €70 built up.........can i redeem this all at the same time or it is only available in 10/€20 nominations??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

dlambirl wrote: »
    I have over €70 built up.........can i redeem this all at the same time or it is only available in 10/€20 nominations??

The only have the as stated on the web, if you have €70 you will need to order 7 for €10 each. All will be deliver together.

Regards

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    The only have the as stated on the web, if you have €70 you will need to order 7 for €10 each. All will be deliver together.

Regards

Thanks.

Would you be able to use the 7x 10 vouchers in Tesco on the one shop though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yes but you'll most likely only be able to use one per purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

thebman wrote: »
    Yes but you'll most likely only be able to use one per purchase.

This isn't correct, I got my rewards in Tesco 'vouchers'*and it was gift cards i was sent - as good as cash, i used them all on a single purchase.
    (having also worked in Tesco I can assure you that you can use as many gift cards or clubcard vouchers as you like in a single transaction - it's usually the manufacturers coupons that limit you to one per purchase)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ste.phen wrote: »
    This isn't correct, I got my rewards in Tesco 'vouchers'*and it was gift cards i was sent - as good as cash, i used them all on a single purchase.
    (having also worked in Tesco I can assure you that you can use as many gift cards or clubcard vouchers as you like in a single transaction - it's usually the manufacturers coupons that limit you to one per purchase)

This would depend on the company and its setup.

For instance, Amazon will most likely only allow one voucher code to be entered per purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

anyone do the survey about drinks / beers last week???

what a total scam that was usually you'll only have to answer a few questions like age location sex and if you work in x yz industries , in this case you where not told you dont qualify until you had also told them what kind of beer you like at home , what beer you like in a pub and a few more bits of info.

So basically they got what i would deem enough info to tell who likes what brand where and what age group etc all for nothing.

Cheeky bastards :mad:

i'm taking my voucher and running :mad:

Same happened to me too. Told them all about what I drink only to be told you don't qualify. And that was for €0.75 as well. :mad:

I agree they are cheeky bastards. In a recession they want to pay no one.
    I have also noticed they are very slow actually paying out on surveys that you actually manage to complete.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Same happened to me too. Told them all about what I drink only to be told you don't qualify. And that was for €0.75 as well. :mad:

I agree they are cheeky bastards. In a recession they want to pay no one.
    I have also noticed they are very slow actually paying out on surveys that you actually manage to complete.

I did actually complain about this one , strangely after i posted on here about it i got a response (1 week later lol)
    Dear Member of irish Opinions

I’m sorry for any inconvenience. The screening process is automated and should tell you as soon as possible if we have reached the desired number of respondents, if you do not meet the desired criteria, or your consumer habits were different from those our client was looking for. I will pass you complaint on to the relevant department and I can assure you, however, that we do not use the information you entered unless you finish the survey and are paid for doing so.

For every survey that you enter, but are unable to complete because you did not meet the qualifications or because we reached the required number of entries, and for every Hot Topic survey that you respond to, you will receive one entry into our quarterly prize draw

Should you have any further questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at enquiries@irishopinions.com or check our FAQ.

Isabel

The Irish Opinions Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

ive had nearly 40 euro from them now, i always get the vouchers for amazon so never had any excuses about them being lost in the post as i claim it straight away. i personally dont think it is a scam a i get enough out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Up to the end of last year I did a lot of surveys for them - but then they starting offering 1.50 for 20 minutes at the pc - so I gave up on them. But I applied for my 30 euro Tesco vouchers - and 30 days later they still hadn't arrived. They said they'd look into it for me. Anyway two days later my 30 euro vouchers arrived and then two days later again another 30 euro in vouchers arrived!!! Happy days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I've made €50 off it since 2007, so I'm a relatively happy camper with I.O.

I do think 75c for a long survey is taking the p1ss, but it obviously depends on the customer.

I got a fiver for a long survey one time and most of mine work out at 1.50-2.00 a survey.

I think it is a handy little nixer and i can fill them out over lunchtime, so it's no skin off my nose to do them. These days, every cent counts ;-)

Most of these survey sites are scams, but I can vouch for I.O. being genuine. I've not had any issues and I always got my Boots Vouchers within 28 days of claiming.

• Advertisement

ive had nearly 40 euro from them now, i always get the vouchers for amazon so never had any excuses about them being lost in the post as i claim it straight away. i personally dont think it is a scam a i get enough out of them.

I got 5 x €10 vouchers last week.

I had clicked TESCO vouchers as my preference and they came up again i clicked submit - but they had defaulted back to Amazon vouchers So i got 1 Amazon voucher even though I'd clicked TESCO :mad:
    I dont use Amazon and now i'm stuck with a stupid voucher!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

dlambirl wrote: »
    I got 5 x €10 vouchers last week.

I had clicked TESCO vouchers as my preference and they came up again i clicked submit - but they had defaulted back to Amazon vouchers So i got 1 Amazon voucher even though I'd clicked TESCO :mad:
    I dont use Amazon and now i'm stuck with a stupid voucher!!

not being cheeky but if u dont want it could i have it, i use amazon all the time, pm me the code if u dont want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

thebman wrote: »
    This would depend on the company and its setup.

For instance, Amazon will most likely only allow one voucher code to be entered per purchase.

When you enter the amazon vouchers on your account page they get added to a gift certificate balance so you can add as many as you want to that and then use it from checkout. I've never applied a voucher directly at the checkout so I don't know if you can only use them one at a time that way. The only real restriction I know of with amazon vouchers is that they can't be used for marketplace purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Where does the 'scam' part come in?

I do these and get the vouchers. :confused:

Last time I got 5x €10 vouchers for Tesco.

calex71 wrote: »
    anyone do the survey about drinks / beers last week???

what a total scam that was usually you'll only have to answer a few questions like age location sex and if you work in x yz industries , ...

They're usually good.. they basically buy you a drink with €7.50 you usually get!

Anyone else getting lots of top dollar surveys lately ???

Made about €16 in the last 3 weeks average one netted me 1.50 even had a €4 one last week :)

FYI, in general its wise to say you don't work in any of the industries listed even if you do, got screwed out of a €3 one when i said my brother worked in a super market lol

It also helps if you say you have kids under 10. ;)

They are very slow at paying out once you complete the surveys. I has at least 8 or 9 still waiting to be paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Green Eyed Girl

I signed up to Irish Opinions also about two years ago. I have since received one € 10 voucher for Tesco!! I don't think it's a scam as such, I think they just choose different age groups etc. for different surveys. It depends a lot too on the info you have on your profile, differnt interests etc.

Cover your bases by having several accounts with different profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdearle

What do people expect for answering a few simple questions?

I've gotten about 40 euro in Amazon vouchers over the past while. I answer surveys when I'm browsing the web anyway. Some of them I can't be bothered finishing because they have these huge matrix's of questions. But the few I do finish are no skin off my nose. I got to buy a book recently on Amazon that I would not have bought otherwise so whats the beef. Sometimes its even a fun or worthwhile experience. Recently I got to tell one marketing department how "annoying" their ad campaign was. Maybe they will take it off the airwaves as a result of the survey!

As for the folks who admit to lying in the prelims to get accepted for a survey. Seriously.... do you need the 75cents that much! That "IS" dishonest! Its not a means of making a living for gods sake.

• Advertisement

As Tesco say "Every kittle helps".

Advertisement