Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco online shopping suddenly water bottle limit of 5 bottles

• 20-09-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Not sure if that is something new or a glitch but I order bottles of 2L water every few weeks from Tesco online.

However when I tried to order today it says there is a limit of 5 bottles all of a sudden. That was never there in the past.

First I thought it's a weight issue and they want to limit heavier items but I can order 100+ bottles of 2L coke if I want to so that can't be it.

Maybe the profit margin is too low on water compared to something like coke and maybe that's why there is suddenly a limit but I would imagine that water costs tesco probably next to nothing and I wouldn't be surprised if their water margin (at least % wise) is actually similar to coca cola. Would be interesting to find out if anyone knows.

Anyway maybe it's just a temporary glitch as I said but perhaps someone knows more.

P.S. This is the info you get on Tesco's shopping site

'You have reached the maximum quantity of 5 items for this product or group of products'

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

it's the covid lock down people start buying water and toilet paper as if it's going to run out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I reckon its a space/profit reason. Price is 44c and 7.5c is vat.

Suppose, like anything, a fair limit needs to apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Maybe they have limited stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Try it with a more expensive tesco brand of water.

I heard Tesco have some items priced low just to look good in grocery comparisons.

They have a pizza that is 61c while the rest beside it in the same range are 1.60 or so. This pizza is nearly always sold out. Same with their battered chicken dippers, really low price and low stock. Their crappy breaded nuggets sit there untouched, fully stocked.

A legit shop would stock loads more of an item if it is selling so well, but they obviously do not want to sell it!

For years their caster sugar was cheaper than regular granulated, people blindly went for the "tesco value" sugar which was 10 or 20cent more. The cheapest had very little shelf space, 2 bags across maybe and a pallet of the "value" one.

Advertisement