Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buymie - 25 quid admin fee

Options
  • 28-09-2020 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭

I went to order groceries from lidl using buymie app. Its been maybe 6 months since i last used them. I noticed there was a 25 euro charge above the cost of the groceries.

Thats mad. it would be cheaper to get a taxi there an back! Does anyone else use buymie and is that the normal surcharge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

13.75% of your order + 21% vat on top of that + 1 euro flat fee for orders over €40. Madness.

Well like i said its cheaper to taxi there and back for me for an order over 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭lucalux

13.75% of your order + 21% vat on top of that + 1 euro flat fee for orders over €40. Madness.

Well like i said its cheaper to taxi there and back for me for an order over 100 euro.

Yeah I thought about using them at the start of lockdown but it's not realistic the way the prices are structured currently.
    Tesco delivery is the best option for me where I live, but that costs max €7 for a delivery. Usually get one for €3 if I book early enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Also on top of all that you have to keep buying shopping bags, I used them twice when i was ill and the prices were insane, missing items or items wrong,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

We used them during the lockdown and were always really impressed that they had slots available the next day, this was when Tesco had three weeks wait. Couldnt figure out why they had so many slots. They always called to discuss substitutions and then called when they were an hour away etc. Couldn't believe the service really... Until OH looked at his back receipts and realised they'd been lumping on this charge! :D

Wouldn't use them again because of that. Stick with Tesco now and try to get the three euro slot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement