Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Benefit/ Carers Allowance

Options
  • 27-09-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi am in receipt of Carers Benefit which is coming to end and want to go onto Carers Allowance will qualify for the income limits. Do i have to get a new medical report or will they automatically accept as person caring for condition hasnt changed since applying for carers Benefit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Cavanbhoy wrote: »
    Hi am in receipt of Carers Benefit which is coming to end and want to go onto Carers Allowance will qualify for the income limits. Do i have to get a new medical report or will they automatically accept as person caring for condition hasnt changed since applying for carers Benefit

As it's a new claim with different eligibility criteria and will be processed by a different section of SW and paid from a different SW budget I'd be pretty certain that you will be required to send in the CR1 Form fully completed, including the Medical Cert.

The CA Operational Guidelines state that "A medical certificate is incorporated into the claim form (CR 1). This must be completed and signed by a doctor attending the person(s) being cared for." In my experience, the fastest way to get any SW payment is to do exactly what the application forms tell you to!

Advertisement