Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-06-2020, 18:00   #1
Ms.Sunshine

I found my birth family last week and need help

With the help of a few people I found my birth parents. I’m shocked that they are even still alive let along know they are both together 30 years later .
I spoke to Them on a video call with two of my birth siblings there aswell and it was so amazing , once we got of the phone One of my teenage sisters rang me . ( I obviously didn’t know about her as she’s 10 years younger than me ) I knew I had 4 older siblings though , two of whom I spoke to on the call.

This is the problem ; their neighbour who helped put the call together (family is very poor and didn’t have internet ) Seemed very nice as did my parents who were obviously in shock to see me but were very pleasant , told us the next day via text that they want nothing more to do with me and to talk to my sister instead .

Grand .. whatever . I can’t expect them to welcome me in with open arms . So I’m talking to my sister and I feel like she is not to be trusted just because I can’t separate them all in my head . My husband says that’s unfair as my sister didn’t live with them ever and was in on off foster care and an orphanage. She certainly has her own baggage

I don’t know how I should go with her . I have a separate FB account to speak to them on which is a good safety guard for me but I feel like I can’t be truly me to her if I only talk to her the odd time on that .

What would you advice ??
Advertisement
24-06-2020, 18:04   #2
TheW1zard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Sunshine View Post
With the help of a few people I found my birth parents. I’m shocked that they are even still alive let along know they are both together 30 years later .
I spoke to Them on a video call with two of my birth siblings there aswell and it was so amazing , once we got of the phone One of my teenage sisters rang me . ( I obviously didn’t know about her as she’s 10 years younger than me ) I knew I had 4 older siblings though , two of whom I spoke to on the call.

This is the problem ; their neighbour who helped put the call together (family is very poor and didn’t have internet ) Seemed very nice as did my parents who were obviously in shock to see me but were very pleasant , told us the next day via text that they want nothing more to do with me and to talk to my sister instead .

Grand .. whatever . I can’t expect them to welcome me in with open arms . So I’m talking to my sister and I feel like she is not to be trusted just because I can’t separate them all in my head . My husband says that’s unfair as my sister didn’t live with them ever and was in on off foster care and an orphanage. She certainly has her own baggage

I don’t know how I should go with her . I have a separate FB account to speak to them on which is a good safety guard for me but I feel like I can’t be truly me to her if I only talk to her the odd time on that .

What would you advice ??
Just be yourself and create possibilities.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion