Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2021

Options
  • 24-09-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anyone else out there yet due in June 2021?! Due 3rd baba here....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

xeroshero wrote: »

I’ve just found out I’m pregnant with my first with an estimated due date of June 13th! Due to the doctors on Friday to confirm.. so exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kiely84

Pregnant with no4 10th June please god 🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ca_va

Hi All. Tentatively joining here! Due 30 June based on LMP so just 5 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Another tentative joiner, due 28th of June, baby no 3.
    Still don't really believe it. Tummy feels very weird, most of the day. Like it's stretching, or achy, can't remember if it felt like this so early before.

I've pretty much constant low level nausea and an intermittent headache, much the same as I was on my first. I described the 1st trimester as a 12 week hangover!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Ann84

Tentative joiner too - due 21st June so 6w3d now but had a miscarriage before so very anxious at the moment... feeling really nauseous pretty much all day and waking up in the middle of the night with nerves! Fingers crossed I can relax over the next few weeks 😊
    Congrats to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Ann, I really hope all goes ok for you

Ann84 wrote: »
    Tentative joiner too - due 21st June so 6w3d now but had a miscarriage before so very anxious at the moment... feeling really nauseous pretty much all day and waking up in the middle of the night with nerves! Fingers crossed I can relax over the next few weeks 😊
    Congrats to you all

I know what you mean Ann, I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter and it makes you more keenly aware of the fragility of the process. Best of luck with it all x

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Ann84

Thanks ladies, I hope you are all starting to get a bit excited now too - has anyone had an early scan yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

I'm 9 and a half weeks - had a scan last Saturday (she thought it was twins at first - my husband nearly passed out as we already have two!) Thankfully all looks good. I'm already showing - cant believe how big I am already.... also felt flutters last night, which hubby also felt this morning - most amazing feeling ever....

Hope everyone is doing well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi all,

Going to jump on board - due 23rd June with No. 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tynah23

Hi all,

Also a June 23rd mom :) It will be my second one. With the last one I could not wait to tell everyone whilst now I am a bit scared to tell. I have my 1st scan on Dec 3rd.

How is everyone doing? No doubt you are all looking forward of getting our of trimester 1!

I have my first hospital appt tomorrow... pity daddy cant come in for the scan but so be it.... thinking now about how and when to tell my 5 year old the news.... as this is my 3rd baba, I'm already showing and shes going to cop ut soon enough and I dont want her guessing/asking....

Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

Had first appointment yesterday, all went well and baby measuring as he/she should, due date unchanged so thats good! Dad couldnt come but allowed for 20 week scan so at least thats something. Hopefully things relax more by the time we are all due!

JD24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

Had first appointment yesterday, all went well and baby measuring as he/she should, due date unchanged so thats good! Dad couldnt come but allowed for 20 week scan so at least thats something. Hopefully things relax more by the time we are all due!

I wonder will they still allows daddy's in to the 2p week scans now with things the way they are... I have mine on the 25th January....

Yep, I'm really hoping things will have settled by the time these babas come along....

I wonder will they still allows daddy's in to the 2p week scans now with things the way they are... I have mine on the 25th January....

Yep, I'm really hoping things will have settled by the time these babas come along....

Rotunda announced today that dads/partners aren’t allowed in for 20 week scan ☹️

I’m in for mine on 15th February so I really hope things change by then...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buttercup10

Anyone heard anything about 20 week scan and partners anywhere else or is it just the rotunda that have stopped allowing them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone heard anything about 20 week scan and partners anywhere else or is it just the rotunda that have stopped allowing them in?

I think most hospitals have stopped allowing partners in for the 20 week scan. What hospital are you with? The coombe has stopped them, I know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buttercup10

Thanks Andreac. We're in UHG. Had seen a few hospitals had changed it again earlier in the month but heard nothing about Galway and can't get them on the phone.
    Hopefully it will have calmed down by June.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Farlo19

Thanks Andreac. We're in UHG. Had seen a few hospitals had changed it again earlier in the month but heard nothing about Galway and can't get them on the phone.
    Hopefully it will have calmed down by June.

Hi, I am due my first in June (with twins!) and I asked when I was in UHG for my midwife app during the week if my husband can come in for the 20 week scan next week. I was told it's no for now :( but it could change in the meantime and to check before I go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

I'm in Galway too and was told a definite no for partner at scan next week.

We booked a private scan at galway baby scans so we could find out gender together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

With the covid extension, the dads wont be near the hospitals now.

I need to read the exact rules. Looks like I will be allowed in for the core time of the birth and nothing else? What about the little fella we have already. Need to check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

With the covid extension, the dads wont be near the hospitals now.

I need to read the exact rules. Looks like I will be allowed in for the core time of the birth and nothing else? What about the little fella we have already. Need to check up.

What hospital are you attending? I know all the maternity ones in Dublin are allowing visitors in during the day for a couple of hours.

Very quite around here... hows everyone doing? Hope all the scans went well. Were partners not allowed in in most cases? My hubby was allowed in... were in OLOL drogheda... it's the only appt/scab he was allowed in for...

How is everyone doing? All nearly gitting trimester 3 now... I've hit it today (due 2nd June)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, anyone here know if dad's are allowed in to visit in the day or 2 after baby is born in Limerick?

Any thoughts or opinions on nappies you intend to use. When we had number 1, we had great thoughts and ideas about cloth nappies; but gave up within 48 hours! We used eco-friendly nappies 80% of the time with him, but they are more expensive [and bio-degrade in 500 years and not 1000 years or something, so not all that much better!!].

Now we are older and wiser and wider! More organized, with stuff like changing tables, nappy bags, and how we would use things - we really want to actually make a proper go at some kind of more eco-friendly nappy.

So just doing research on the various options out there now, 5 years later - and how it would really work day to day!

Any thoughts or opinions on nappies you intend to use. When we had number 1, we had great thoughts and ideas about cloth nappies; but gave up within 48 hours! We used eco-friendly nappies 80% of the time with him, but they are more expensive [and bio-degrade in 500 years and not 1000 years or something, so not all that much better!!].

Now we are older and wiser and wider! More organized, with stuff like changing tables, nappy bags, and how we would use things - we really want to actually make a proper go at some kind of more eco-friendly nappy.

So just doing research on the various options out there now, 5 years later - and how it would really work day to day!

There is a lot of choice when it comes to cloth nappies to find one that suits you, but we found the llittle lamb starter pack good https://littlelambnappies.com/products/10-nappy-standard-kit

On the biodegradable ones, I'm open to correction on this, but as I understand it most of our waste goes to the incinerator, and so biodegradable doesn't really make any difference.

My random searching has drawn me to Bambino Mio - Seems to have won awards for reusable nappies from a few sites - https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Bambino+Mio/page/143091E5-BF36-4FC8-BBF9-81B73C7782EB?ref_=ast_bln

So many many options :)

All quiet here - no June babies?

• Advertisement

How’s everyone doing?? Any June babies yet?

I’ve just under two weeks to go, talk of induction at 40 weeks due to baby’s size but hopefully things will start naturally before that!

Hope everyone is keeping well 😊

Advertisement