Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Fibre Intermittent Servive

Options
  • 30-09-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Like many others, I am working from home full time. I have sky fibre with the router located in my sitting room. My office is upstairs and as I live in an old house with very thick walls, I got myself a TP Link Deco E4 Unit to improve WiFi upstairs. The new system getS much better results when I do a speed test.
    However, I seem to have an Intermittent Signal. I regularly get notifications on my laptop saying that my computer is trying to reconnect to the server. It seems that I don’t have a continuous stream of broadband. Is there any way to monitor this to see where the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

is there another wifi network in range ? it could be that its hunting for the stronger network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

So the TP-link is wired connect to the Sky modem? Is it replacing the Sky wifi for the whole house or have you 2 wifi networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I have two WiFi networks. The Sky router works as normal and then I use the TP Link Deco upstairs in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

OK 2 wifi, I googled that TP-link it's a wifi mesh job, had assumed it was a single ethernet connection.
    Is your setup like this

Sky MODEM - 100 megabit ethernet - First mesh deco - wifi mesh - second mesh deco - wifi end device

If the Sky modem is set to auto channel it might change channels if it detects something else on that channel, make sure there's no overlap e.g. channels 1 6 and 11 are good separation, and channels are set on both devices. channel hopping can cause glitches.
    That applies whether you have a mesh setup for the deco's or only a single deco

Advertisement