Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Maybe so but the scouting thing should have been well finished.
    They should be working off a panel now.

I'm sure they've identified the targets and working on them...but as I said earlier, it's not easy to get them in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Soups123 wrote: »
    Agree for me DB was my favourite player of all time but Henry was better!

Ha ha, well put.

I'd say Henry was my absolute favourite. Well, him and Bergkamp, who was my absolute favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I'm sure they've identified the targets and working on them...but as I said earlier, it's not easy to get them in January.

At the end of the day, if you really want a player and aren't as scroungey [sic] as us you'll normally get the player. Especially a club as attractive as Arsenal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The fact that Henry and DB played in the same team tells you a lot about how fcuking brilliantly talented that era was for us

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Two great players no doubt, have a leaning towards DB myself. Sanchez rapidly climbing my list of all time favourites though, can't think of a player with better attitude and he gives me optimism for good result on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You can talk about your Dennis Bergkamps and Thierry Henrys but one of the most under rated Arsenal players of the last few decades was Gilberto Silva. Absolute beast of a player, he allowed us to play a 4-4-2 system he was that good at protecting the back 4 and bossing the middle of the park with Vieira. We got him for apittance too and it was the year he won the World Cup with Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I always had a *soft* spot for Ljungberg

Gringo180 wrote: »
    You can talk about your Dennis Bergkamps and Thierry Henrys but one of the most under rated Arsenal players of the last few decades was Gilberto Silva. Absolute beast of a player, he allowed us to play a 4-4-2 system he was that good at protecting the back 4 and bossing the middle of the park with Vieira. We got him for apittance too and it was the year he won the World Cup with Brazil.

Well said.

Didn't he have the quickest ever Champion's League goal for a while too? Might still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gringo180 wrote: »

Destroyers are always under appreciated, the world over. It's not just a thing with the English clubs and fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I don't think it's unrealistic to get a win this weekend. I have a good feeling about this one.

Kirby wrote: »
    Destroyers are always under appreciated, the world over. It's not just a thing with the English clubs and fans.

There was a time when if Gilberto couldn't play for some reason, we'd just stick Edu in and win anyway.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Id take a draw on Sunday... Right now I'd bank it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There there for the taking i reckon lads , Is toure gone ?

Isn't he off at the ACN?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Yep, and boll1x chops Nasri is missing too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »

as u created this thread, does that mean we will now go on an unbeaten run til we reach 10k post again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

emmetlego wrote: »
    Yep, and boll1x chops Nasri is missing too!

Dzeko, Kompany and Agüero are all back though

greendom wrote: »
    Dzeko, Kompany and Agüero are all back though

I still don't see how these sugar daddies are contributing to Arsenal not winning the league, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm normally slightly optimistic against the big teams and we never win, this time I've no faith in arsenal doing which can only mean one thing ;)
    Still a loss

2 nil Arsenal win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

All the talk about arsenal great and no mention of Adams

A right spoofer since he retired

But what a player, gave us 16 years the majority as captain

Captain at 21

A leader of men, a proper arsenal legend

• Advertisement

Yer all at nothing trying to predict tomorrow's game too

We could play them off the park and get a win

We could be 5-0 down at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11352279/Arsenal-news-Krystian-Bielik-in-contention-for-first-team.html

Looks like Wengers got our DM position covered with this 17 year old. Better be good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11352279/Arsenal-news-Krystian-Bielik-in-contention-for-first-team.html

Looks like Wengers got our DM position covered with this 17 year old. Better be good!!!

Would be awesome if he took off.

For me though, it would have to be a Fabregas like rise for us not to spend 40 million on a DMF in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

gosplan wrote: »
    Would be awesome if he took off.

For me though, it would have to be a Fabregas like rise for us not to spend 40 million on a DMF in summer.

Not single quote there from. Arsene saying he'll be first team squad, just a rag trolling Arsenal fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Not single quote there from. Arsene saying he'll be first team squad, just a rag trolling Arsenal fans

And the player said himself he isn't ready for first team yet.

One for the future lads, add him to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

yipeeeee wrote: »
    And the player said himself he isn't ready for first team yet.

One for the future lads, add him to the list.

He might get a run out in the cup next week. Hopefully we also have a shiny new centre half to show off too.

All the talk about arsenal great and no mention of Adams

A right spoofer since he retired

But what a player, gave us 16 years the majority as captain

Captain at 21

A leader of men, a proper arsenal legend

Campbell was an excellent CB too

efb wrote: »
    Campbell was an excellent CB too

He def was

But been originally a spud and having a meltdown at half time against West Ham

Puts him below the greats and way way done on Adams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

STARLET IN GUNNERS SQUAD

It is fairly revealing that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has wasted no time at all in putting new signing Krystian Bielik, 17, straight into the club's first team for their huge Super Sunday clash at champions Manchester City.

“Yes, he will go into the first-team squad,” said the Frenchman on Friday about the north Londoners' £2m recruit.

“He’s a defensive midfielder, 6ft 2in [tall], he has a good energy level and technical level. It’s a gamble but, on what we saw, it’s worth to take the gamble. It’s an awful lot of money for a player if he doesn’t succeed. If he does succeed, then it’s cheap.”

(SkySports)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sanogo starts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

byrneg28 wrote: »
    STARLET IN GUNNERS SQUAD

It is fairly revealing that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has wasted no time at all in putting new signing Krystian Bielik, 17, straight into the club's first team for their huge Super Sunday clash at champions Manchester City.

“Yes, he will go into the first-team squad,” said the Frenchman on Friday about the north Londoners' £2m recruit.

“He’s a defensive midfielder, 6ft 2in [tall], he has a good energy level and technical level. It’s a gamble but, on what we saw, it’s worth to take the gamble. It’s an awful lot of money for a player if he doesn’t succeed. If he does succeed, then it’s cheap.”

(SkySports)

Bielik won't sign his contract until Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ging Ging wrote: »
    Bielik won't sign his contract until Monday.

Since when did the truth get in the way of a good story :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Lads if you have two red memberships is it possible to buy tickets together at the same time?

[edit] or is it just easiest to buy them separately and make sure to buy to beside each other?

[edit 2] Never mind figured it out, you just pick two seats and then reasign one to the other membership number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,228 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All the opposition won today so the pressure is really on to get something tomorrow. We really need something from this game.
    I think we can get a draw if everyone is on their game.
    Our away record against the top teams is pathetic so it's time to start changing that.

3/1 United, Chelsea, Liverpool treble - get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

efb wrote: »
    5/1 United, Chelsea, Liverpool treble - get in

I bet Chelsea gave you a scare, they were looking a bit dodgy there for a while today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pressures on for tomorrow. All our rivals have won so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Todays results were absolute gack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Look on the bright side, Sanogo's Palace got a win from 2-0 down.

• Advertisement

So will tomorrows defeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,228 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So will tomorrows defeat

Bit early with that.

City are short tomorrow and it's a good time to be playing them.
    If our team are properly prepared and focused we can get something.
    We have no excuses otherwise.

Bit early with that.

Were never prepared away from home against the big boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

So will tomorrows defeat

Unfortunately you're probably right. I have David Silva captained in my fantasy team this week. I'd never pick a player who's up against Arsenal but I can see him running riot with Coquelin holding the fort in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Southampton with a defensive act reminiscent of Arsenals general defense against Newcastle there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

First time this season im genuinely worried about our top 4 chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's going to be a fight. Need to find some consistency and go on a really good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thursday is the new Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Bit early with that.

I will take a draw. We are under pressure now in 6th place, with Liverpool only a point behind. We will probably drop points tomorrow.

Ah, relax. Our players are miles better than Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton & United.

Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ah, relax. Our players are miles better than Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton & United.

Nothing to worry about.

Maybe they should start showing it.

3-1 Man City tomorrow.
    Hope i'm wrong but i don't think we'll be able to keep out Agüero/Bony

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement