Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Read Mod Warning in OP 7/1/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I watched United v Everton in a bar in Lanzarote back in April with a gang of Everton fans. They delighted in telling me how Moyes was holding them back for years... I'd love to bump into them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

southampton beating arsenal. so far so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

United fans have no high ground regarding Moyes. Some of our fans were having planes flown over the ground ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

United fans have no high ground regarding Moyes. Some of our fans were having planes flown over the ground ffs.

I personally have plenty of "high ground" over Moyes and am enjoying watching them go backwards this season after the way they carried on.

A few bellends don't speak for a whole fan base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

incorrect...He didn't "get rid" of Pique, Pique wanted first team football and we couldn't give it because Rio and Vidic were in the prime of their careers.

wasn't there even more than that, I'm pretty sure they fell out anyways, no?

Southampton doing their stuff anyway, 2-0 now.

Southampton doing their stuff anyway, 2-0 now.

Not sure if good or bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Atleast we are not the only ones to implode v Leicester :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not sure if good or bad....

Same would rather a draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Unearthly wrote: »

You've jinxed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'm all for a Southampton win. Still think it will be between us and Arsenal for 3rd and 4th at the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

J. Marston wrote: »
    You've jinxed it now.

No, i was jinxing the jinx

The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

Unearthly wrote: »

I wholeheartedly apologise. Your reverse double jinx worked a treat.

Well played, sir!

Edit: Now, for some evening reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

bit of a schlupp up there from Liverpool :D

decent day, makes our result alot more bareable now. a draw in the late game will do nicely please.

Would prefer Spurs to lose.

City and Chelsea are so far ahead of the other teams in the league, it's not even worth looking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

City and Chelsea are so far ahead of the other teams in the league, it's not even worth looking up.
    Have to agree, esp. with us playing Southampton at home in 10 days time time.

Nice bit of distance even still compared to Arsenal (4) West Ham (5) and Spurs (6).

Oh and Liverpool (8) :D

A few bellends don't speak for a whole fan base.

Precisely, so tarring the whole Everton fanbase with the same brush over a portion of their fans talking **** about Moyes is equally ridiculous.

Edit: To clarify, both United and Everton had sets of fans were guilty of deriding Moyes last year. For balance, I have a couple of mates that are Everton fans and they really loved Moyes and weren't sure about Martinez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

True but I always like to see the leaders lose so the silly side of me is cheering for Spurs.

• Advertisement

Precisely, so tarring the whole Everton fanbase with the same brush over a portion of their fans talking **** about Moyes is equally ridiculous.

Didn't see anybody tar the whole Everton fan base with the one brush. Some said they were happy with their decline because of some of the stuff that was said. You said United fans can't take the high ground. I can, plenty of us can.

Didn't see anybody tar the whole Everton fan base with the one brush. Some said they were happy with their decline because of some of the stuff that was said. You said United fans can't take the high ground. I can, plenty of us can.

I also can. But taking delight in a team's decline because of the behaviour of a portion of fans is weird. Many of our fans were dickheads towards Moyes also.

Basically: Team has portion of knobhead fans shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

I watched United v Everton in a bar in Lanzarote back in April with a gang of Everton fans. They delighted in telling me how Moyes was holding them back for years... I'd love to bump into them again.

Plenty of United fans in here were saying the same. Holding up Martinez as some sort of genius and pointing at the positive impact he had on Everton compared to Moyes in such a short space of time. Not sure if they actually believed it or just wanted another stick to beat Moyes with.

To change tack a bit, are Southampton genuine Top 4 rivals now? Everyone is saying that they are happy that Arsenal lost, but Southampton had a bit of a slump in early December and have bounced back.

If they're still there in a month, it's time to take them seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

To change tack a bit, are Southampton genuine Top 4 rivals now? Everyone is saying that they are happy that Arsenal lost, but Southampton had a bit of a slump in early December and have bounced back.

If they're still there in a month, it's time to take them seriously.

I would definitely take them seriously. They haven't been lucky, they are 4th on merit. They should have beat us, were unlucky to lose at the Emirates, should never have lost to Burnley, played very well at Anfield and lost etc. yet they're still in the CL spots. They're not in Europe so their squad shouldn't be stretched too much barring an extended injury crisis. It'll be vital they keep Schneiderlin in January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

Back 3 and wing backs were very poor on the ball to day. Carrick was neither here nor there for the whole game. Would prefer to see him play in the back 3 when Blind gets back
    Strange decision to see Falcao come off when he was playing much better than RVP. Would like to see Rooney get a chance up top with Falcao.
    Janazui has really gone backwards. Cant even cross the ball let alone take his man on. Needs to go out on loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Not a disastrous day by all means. We were very lucky today to get a point and we have to be happy that we didn't lose. Hopefully with shaw and raf back we will end this 3-5-2 nonsense.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Not a disastrous day by all means. We were very lucky today to get a point and we have to be happy that we didn't lose. Hopefully with shaw and raf back we will end this 3-5-2 nonsense.

I hope your right. Seeing 2 of our cbs is bad but then when there's 3. I would love to go back to a diamond formation. I honestly think this is the best team we can put out with our current players:

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

Carrick
    Di Maria Rooney

Mata

RVP Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The PL is nuts this season

Headshot wrote: »
    The PL is nuts this season

Tell me about it

Still early days in the Chelsea-Spurs match, currently at 3-1 to Spurs, but if Chelsea drop even more points today it will make our recent draws vs Villa, Spurs and Stoke all the more frustrating.

Edit: Now 4-1 Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's 4-1 Spurs now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭KH25

Liking the look of Kane I must say.

Unreal scorelines again today... These away results have not been that bad when you cconsider what happened on Stephens day and today. 4-2 in the chelsea match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hard to watch that Utd performance today ,it was extremely negative and conservative.
    3 centre backs and Carrick in a deep role is just far too conservative ,the team created almost nothing in 90 minutes.
    Begovic had nothing to do in the second half .

The standard of Utd's football away from home all season has been extremely poor .
    They arent losing many matches but they are playing ugly football ,relying heavily on De Gea and riding their luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

If they pull this back Jose will be unbearable in his post match interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Van Gaal needs to stop playing three at the back. It isn't working

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

All of a sudden our brutal defence has only conceeded 2 more than chelsea's rock solid back line.

Regarding the 3 at the back, hoping now that Rafael and Shaw are both back we will be reverting back to a normal 2 cbs and 2 fullbacks.

Seems now with Herrara and januzaj making comebacks today too we are just Di maria, Fellaini and Rojo short of our main squad players that you would be bothered about. 10 days to next league fixturw too so might be even better by then

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

One point closer to the top after today...need to score more goals, hopefully with Di maria to return it also means more goals to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

match threads are just intolerable these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

We need to realise that these injuries have been the reason why we haven't won games like today. Once we can get our best 11 on we will go on a good winning run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

This has to be the strangest premier league season of all time. Something tells me City will run away with it if they can get their strikers fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

glued wrote: »
    Van Gaal needs to stop playing three at the back. It isn't working

I agree, it's not hampering or defensive capabilities it's going forward and the overall shape of the team. We are trying to score by getting crosses into the box, over reliant on this tactic imho yet there is never any support for the wide man, no one overlapping and teams are doubling up on us and Stoke did that very well today as did Spurs.

I agree we also need to sort these injuries out, nobody including LVG knows his best side and we are already halfway into the season. We have gone on a good unbeaten run yet in the last 4 games dropped 6 points which isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

match threads are just intolerable these days

And unfortunately they'll continue to be until supporters from other clubs stop being so petty and childish.

If United win a game 5-1(I know, wishful thinking), certain Liverpool fans will manage to turn the thread into about how United conceded a goal

ZOMG Chelsea maybe are not the best team eva4life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

All of a sudden our brutal defence has only conceeded 2 more than chelsea's rock solid back line.

Regarding the 3 at the back, hoping now that Rafael and Shaw are both back we will be reverting back to a normal 2 cbs and 2 fullbacks.

Seems now with Herrara and januzaj making comebacks today too we are just Di maria, Fellaini and Rojo short of our main squad players that you would be bothered about. 10 days to next league fixturw too so might be even better by then

Blind as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

And unfortunately they'll continue to be until supporters from other clubs stop being so petty and childish.

If United win a game 5-1(I know, wishful thinking), certain Liverpool fans will manage to turn the thread into about how United conceded a goal

In fairness the same happens the other way around. Tit for tat bull**** that really escalated to unbearable heights last year.

The wing back system has clearly been down to his options, and then he seems to stick with something if it is getting results, he doesn't seem to like to change a winning formula so to speak but its clear that 4 at the back is the way he wants to play.

Some missed opportunities over this festive period all in all, could have closed the gap a hell of a lot more and gave us a bit of excitement for the second half of the season, as it stands I am happy to see Arsenal drop more points and keep a good distance between us and them. CL qualification is the aim, but the way the league is going shows that it could possibly have been more, maybe still can be more, if we go and do our job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

United could be only 3 points off Chelsea and City tonight if they managed to actually beat Villa, Spurs and Stoke....

*Would ;)

Just kidding.

We are in so much of a better place today then we were 12 months ago, onwards and upwards in 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Quandary

Our draw against spurs at WHL is looking pretty good right about now :)

Today was disappointing but we're sitting 9 points off the top of the league with our big players on the way back from injury. I know some people might point out we should be closer to the top considering the games we threw away but we've also had a few fortunate results too (Arsenal, Southampton). If LVG can get our defenders more minutes on the pitch together we should see communication improving and less brain farts. All things considered, we are not in a bad place at all.

A win against Southampton at Old Trafford Sunday week is an absolute must for us. It will put us 6 points clear of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement