Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yeh, he was offered 1 mill in january but turned it down, he got 1.5 mill apparentely ! Benni Mc(Donalds) eh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Good riddance to bad rubbish

You got that right, he will have cost us the guts of 6million, 3.5 million to Freddie Lundberg and the rest...... what a wadte of money, I think the new owners are much shrewder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

vicwatson wrote: »
    You got that right, he will have cost us the guts of 6million, 3.5 million to Freddie Lundberg and the rest...... what a wadte of money, I think the new owners are much shrewder

Sullivan and Gold are the ones who purchased McCarthy.

fkiely wrote: »

In fairness McCarthy was a great example of a panic buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

In fairness McCarthy was a great example of a panic buy

It was very much a 'buy three and surely one of them will work' type scenario. Which did work to be fair.

We stayed up alright......I reckon Ilan should've stayed to be honest

Yeh bad mistake (how much influence had Zola I wonder)

Yeh Ilan looked alright but as usual they were just alright players, story of our lives.

Need a big game from Parker this weekend (thats if he's not injured), he has been off the boil the last few weeks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Game over. Championship beckons.

Bye bye Parker too when we go down im afraid

• Advertisement

Bye bye Parker too when we go down im afraid

And Keane, and Obinna, and Bridge and anyone else wanna go? the bus is leaving in 5 minutes.

We are doomed, simple as.

Not only doomed, but crap, it kills me to say it but between today and against Bolton WE WERE CRAP

A good kick in the (b)alls is what they all need. Every single last one of them (including Grant and his stupid team selection and subsequent changes - Hines on for Obinna for example)

What the hell was Noble trying to do for the Villa first goal. We are fighting for our lives and he tries to walk the ball out from the edge of the area. Grrrrrrrr

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Very very dissapointed today, the reality bites, the table doesn't lie, we didn't do enough

(I hope I have to eat these words, but it's very unlikely)

:(:(:(:(:(

Grant sets a 41 points target in interview on BBC website. 41 might not be enough - if we even get 41 points.:(

In it Grant also reckons we dominated the first half and played at the same speed as Aston Villa in the second !! Delusions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

9 points from 5 games who are they against?

Away to Chelsea and City in the next two games so it's a big fat zero from them two. We'll have to win our last 3 against Wigan, Blackburn and Sunderland.
    Never gonna happen.

9 points from 5 games who are they against?

Post number 99 has full list of games to be played by the relegation contenders !
    We'll have to win our last 3 against Wigan, Blackburn and Sunderland.
    Never gonna happen.

+1 - a major ask for a poor team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That was that I'm afraid.

If only we had four or five more scott parkers . Well done Scott. You deserve your award.

Not the biggest fan of Brady, but she's spot on here.
    WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20
    TROT along to an FA disciplinary panel with our Carlton Cole who admits a remark on Twitter that might, obscurely, be considered racist.

After England v Ghana he tweeted: "Immigration has surrounded the Wembley premises! I knew it was a trap! Hahahaha."

As soon as he realised someone, somewhere might be offended he erased his comment. The matter should have ended there. But the FA decide it's serious enough to bring a charge.

It's like a trial scene from Alice in Wonderland and a £20k fine comes down. A sledgehammer to crack a nut - and poor Carlton is the nut who must pay. He wants the cash to go to charity but it goes to pay FA debts.

Strange justice. Especially strange when I read a comment from Fabio Capello: "In Italy, we have a problem with immigration. 28,000 Africans. Too many." The only difference? Cole was joking, Capello wasn't.

+1 Jelle1880

• Advertisement

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to say the following...however...

This Saturday will determine whether we stay up or not, beat Blackburn and we've a chance, don't, and we've no chance :mad:

Simple as

And we failed to do just that.

Robbie Keane can **** off for all I care, money-grabbing waster.

Keane... three times, three times Keane - why can't you put the damn ball in the net, three times you fluffed your shots in the last three games - all winable games, and games which we'd have won had you done your job.

65k per week for what exactly??

It's out of our hands now

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad:

Well it's effectively all over now, the Championship looms large.

Why have we had such a crap season? Why oh why? It's time for Grant to clear off now.

Cannot see us getting a swift return to the premisership, it's at least 2 seasons down there.

Grrrrrr:mad:

I accepted this weeks, if not months ago.
    We don't have a bad team atm, but Grant is so effing clueless it's unbelievable.

At least we can clear out the deadwood next season and look forward to some interesting games :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

West Hams biggest problem is it's Huge debt that is going to get a lot tougher to address down a division.

• Advertisement

I didn't want to believe it would happen but in reality when we got no refereeing decisions, were the better team and still got beaten at home by Birminghan in February it was imminent. Simple as. We played well this season, well enough to stay up but tactically, well, and a lot of decisions went against us.

It was there for us to stay up with a win last Saturday but we didn't take the opportunity, like at Man City, like at Chelsea - We didn't take the opportunities, you pay for that.

Yes, an a big debt that's there - not going to be easy, the championship is a tough division as we know from last time.

Gutted though, really gutted.

Thought I'd be more disappointed to be honest. We have been woeful in the run in when the teams around us have been picking up points.
    Agree 100% about Grant. Cannot wait to be rid of him but that'll mean an extra few million to pay him off when we could get a decent championship player for that amount.

Think it's safe to say we can say goodbye to players like Parker, Green, Upson, Hitz, Cole etc. Hopefully we can keep the likes of Noble, Tomkins and Collison and help get us up next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Thought I'd be more disappointed to be honest. We have been woeful in the run in when the teams around us have been picking up points.
    Agree 100% about Grant. Cannot wait to be rid of him but that'll mean an extra few million to pay him off when we could get a decent championship player for that amount.

Think it's safe to say we can say goodbye to players like Parker, Green, Upson, Hitz, Cole etc. Hopefully we can keep the likes of Noble, Tomkins and Collison and help get us up next season.

As fans, we knew it was coming. The squad is stuffed with no-hopers, journeymen, and Championship Heads. The manager had no idea how to play with this squad. The owners have annoyed all and sundry.

Yes we will lose some of our top players. I will not be disappointed to see the back of Matthew Upson and Carlton Cole. I am delighted that Kieron Dyer is off the wage bill. I hope Kovac, Boa Morte, and Faubert will get lost.

I agree that if we keep Noble etc, we may be in with a chance.

And can't even beat Sunderland (it looks) !! Unbelieveable

Did you expect otherwise ?
    This team is done for, they are spineless and don't care.

• Advertisement

Looks like it'll be Allardyce as our next manager.
    Extremely torn on this one. On one side I think he's probably the best man to get us back up but on the other hand it's not exactly going to be pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well let's face it...West Ham haven't been a pretty football team for a long long time so no change there. Allardyce is probably the best option to get us back into the Premiership quickly. I never liked him or Bolton, but hey, they ALWAYS beat us and he will be our b*$tard now hopefully.

Exactly, I'm not really bothered about the style of football as we haven't been an attacking side for years now.

KUMB awards are up.
    http://kumb.com/awards_1011.php

Looking through some of the goals of the season, we've actually got a fair few crackers for a change.
    Links for goals

My choices (but won't happen)

1. Martin O'Neill

2. Chris Hughton

3. Sam Allardyce (as a push, he of the long ball fraternity:mad:)

A lot of work to do though, a lot of work.

Fat Sam confirmed now as manager. Quite happy with that really. Could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

I'm happy with Sam although I used to hate the site of him. What we need is a manager who will stand up to the players and wont stand for gutless performances. The players walked all over Grant and Zola.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rumours that Tony Fernandes is trying to take over West Ham

Graeme Bailey of Sky is the source BTW

What we need is a manager who will stand up to the players and wont stand for gutless performances. The players walked all over Grant and Zola.

He also must stand up to the mouthy Brady and Sullivan.
    Rumours that Tony Fernandes is trying to take over West Ham

For the last 18 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

This appears to be a fresh bid :)

• Advertisement

Yes, we don't know if it's for the whole club or the straumar part. He is only worth (in monetary terms) one of Sullivan/Gold so I imagine its the like of a 30/40 million bid for the 40% share.

Too many cooks though.....discuss :D

So Faye already signed and now Nolan doing a medical apparently...good start from Fat Sam so far IMHO.

I also heard Ba was offered more money to stay ?

Seems like they are building a decent team so far.

Whu just tweeted there that they hope to announce signings of 2 proven premiership players in next 24 hours. Nolan plus one other? Good to see they are getting players in before off loading others who will be leaving for premiership clubs and the other crap ones who we should get rid of.

Edit: rumour has it that second signing will be Ricardo Gardner.

I also heard Ba was offered more money to stay ?

Was offered 60k a week from 30k a week but that was a few weeks back, offered more now?

Ba - we took a chance on you - you owe us one season - do it.

Hitzlsperger - we stood by you - you owe us a year

BTW if neither of yis wanna play for us then go f*** off !
    Whu just tweeted there that they hope to announce signings of 2 proven premiership players in next 24 hours. Nolan plus one other? Good to see they are getting players in before off loading others who will be leaving for premiership clubs and the other crap ones who we should get rid of.

Edit: rumour has it that second signing will be Ricardo Gardner.

Or Anthony, as his talks broke down with Birmignham apparentely.

Quietly confident of heading straight back up the way things are going. Hopefully ba and hitz accept their new contract offers. They could be the difference between going up automatically and getting into the playoffs which, as we all know, is a bit of a lottery.

Quietly confident of heading straight back up the way things are going. Hopefully ba and hitz accept their new contract offers. They could be the difference between going up automatically and getting into the playoffs which, as we all know, is a bit of a lottery.

Yeh, we could have done a lot worse for a championship team in fairness. Nolan will do in midfield I think, we could still do with a decent left back and another quality striker (at least).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Super signing today lads. Will score 15-20 in the championship for ye! Gutted to see the lad leave TBH!

Let 8 players go today. Most notable are Danny Gabbidon, Matthew Upson and Jonny Spector. Actually disappointed with spector going as he improved immeasurably last season.
    Also gone is that Icelandic chap Eyjolfsson who was meant to be great prospect when he joined a few years ago but never even played a game.

I see Johnny Paintsil has been released by fulham. Should get him back for the craic ;)

• Advertisement

I see Johnny Paintsil has been released by fulham. Should get him back for the craic wink.gif

Simple answer - NO !:D

Thought specs would be staying too, he is versatile, can play defence and middle of the pitch.

Upson was gone weeks ago. The one I'd miss, apart from specs, is Jacobson, thought he was alright.

Advertisement