Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof of Self-Employment for Client

• 19-02-2019 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Have a UK consultancy client asking for proof of self-employment. They say they'd like a document from Revenue saying "nautilist with PPS# is self-employed". Not sure any such document exists! Any ideas? Is there anything which can be generated from MyAccount? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

There isn't any such standard Revenue document type like this that I'm aware of. You can get a letter of residency via ROS but that's for DTA tax purposes and would confirm residency not self-employed status. You can get a list of registrations in ROS which shows the registration type, date and PPSN but again that's just a list not a letter of confirmation.

Do you have an accountant ? If you do and they are on record with Revenue as your agent they can confirm that you're registered for self-employed Income Tax. If you have a registered business name or are VAT registered they might also help in evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilist

That's what I suspected. (They're being paranoid because they were audited for freelance/employee fudging). I don't have an accountant currently, my tax affairs are pretty simple - retired, just earning a little extra to supplement my pension. Maybe I should consult an accountant if all else fails. The business name registration idea is good, and maybe the ROS registration list will do, will look into that. Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

You will have received a letter when you registered for income tax in Ireland called a "mandatory e-filer" letter. This was to tell you that tax returns must be submitted via ROS and states that you are registered for income tax etc.

Alternatively, Revenue's Registration Section will be able to provide you with a letter stating that you are registered for Income Tax under Self-Assessment (they cannot say directly that you are self-employed) if you want. I would try the mandatory e-filer letter (or any tax return reminder) as getting the above letter from the Registrations Section will probably take a while.

Advertisement