Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic card 30-03-19 National Stadium Live TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This really is an excellent domestic card.
    James Tennsyon has added been in the last few weeks and they're hoping to get him a Commonwealth title defence on it (although nothing announced yet)

What stands out the most is the competitiveness of the match making.
    For too long is this sport we've become accustomed to mismatches and prospects being brought up on a steady diet of journeymen and past it fighters ready for the picking.

Eric Donovan (8-0) vs Stephen McAfee (5-0-1)- Vacant Irish Featherweight title
    Victor Rabei (6-0) vs Jake Hanney (5-1-0)- Irish Light-Welterweight title
    Allan Phelan (9-3-1) vs Aidan Metcalfe (2-0)- Celtic Super-Featherweight title
    Martin Quinn (2-1-0) vs Francy Luzoho (1-0)
    Cillian Reardon (4-0) vs Jordan Lattimer (2-1)
    Kelvin McDonald (1-0) vs Declan Kenna (Debut)

Now if I'm honest I expect Donovan to have far too much class for McAfee, but even that I expect to be exciting as McAfee won't settle for being outboxed by Donovan. He'll do everything he can to close the distance and make a fight of it !, and the rest should be a mix of very entertaining and competitive fights.

The undercard also features Dylan Moran (who recently signed a deal with US promoter Joe DeGuardia), against experienced journeyman and former European title challenger Gyorgy Mizsei.
    Irish Super-Bantamweight champion Carl McDonald in a keep busy fight.
    Katelynn Phelan (medalled for Ireland in the World Youths as an amateur) debuts at just age 18.
    Of course we also have Tennyson hopefully defending that Commonwealth title on the main card, and I haven't even listed about 10 other bouts due to take place.

I've picked up tickets myself, should be a great night of boxing and fantastic that TG4 will be showing it aswell !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

There is an MTK show in Belfast the night before with a lot of their Irish talents on show too.

some weekend of boxing on the island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

MTK can stay in Belfast

Advertisement