Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to get from Krakow airport to the Old Town

• 13-02-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Heading to Krakow next week. Have never been. We arriving in late, around 10pm (their time). We staying close to the Old Town. What is the handiest way to get from Airport?? Train/taxi? thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

A taxi will cost between 80 and 100 zloty which is around 21 - 27 euro. There are busses and trains there too but I've always just got a taxi because of the time of night and can't be arsed walking from the train station to my accommodation which might be another 30 minutes away.

If you're staying in the old town, the main train station by the big shopping centre isn't far away so it might be suitable enough. The airport will point you to the airport train station and you can buy your tickets in English using the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks a mill Mcmoustache. Might get the taxi as I'm going with my teenager !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Suggest you use a shuttle taxi company and book in advance. Search for Krakow airport taxi or shuttle. There are lots. Don't pay more than 100zl (PLN).

There are non airport approved taxis which are cheaper, but it is worth the extra few euro to have a guy standing with your name on a board as you come into the Arrivals hall, ready to take you to the door of your hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Uber cost me 8 euros from the airport. We used Ubers a lot there, would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

+1 on Uber in Krakow, it's crazy cheap. Although at that time of the evening i'd possibly book a taxi in advance to play it safe. I've done it before through the hostel I was staying with in the old town at a fixed rate of 80zl for 1 - 4 people so your accommodation might be able to arrange it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

spurious wrote: »
    Suggest you use a shuttle taxi company and book in advance. Search for Krakow airport taxi or shuttle. There are lots. Don't pay more than 100zl (PLN).

There are non airport approved taxis which are cheaper, but it is worth the extra few euro to have a guy standing with your name on a board as you come into the Arrivals hall, ready to take you to the door of your hotel.

Defo worth the few euro for the personal service, get the driver to hold up the teenagers name. One of the greatest cities I've ever visited, enjoy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks folks. Have never been. Looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Think I got a taxi there - was split between 4 lads so not the worst cost wise at around 25/30 euro.

The road does get very back-roady and as if he is bringing you out to his own country house but you get to the city eventually.

Advertisement