Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utility Area Pantry (Carpentry)

Options
  • 30-01-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I have a utility area which includes a boiler and a washing machine and am looking to transform the area (around 1.5m2) into a press and pantry area.

The space has an angle and therefore more difficult to know what to do with the space.

Do I have any other option than contacted a carpenter (which I am willing to do) in this situation? I just wondered if there was anything I was missing.

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

HEAT. In the pantry area might affect some items that you had intended to put in there.
    A large variety of food stuffs will favour poorly in a hot, moist environment.

Traditionally a pantry was a cool dry area. Your washing machine and boiler will throw off
    lots of residual heat. So put a lot of thought into what items will be stored.

2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭andybookie

Thanks Kadman.
    That is a really good point.
    If I were to build a pantry here, ot si something I will definitely keep in mind and possibly insulate the sections that contain the washing machine and boiler.

Thanks again
    Andy

Advertisement