Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loop Pedal - finishing loops!

Options
  • 28-01-2019 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Any videos or suggestions on finishing loops smoothly at the end of a song, when there’s multiple tracks gone down, and then wanting to finish without an abrupt stop.... !

Only seem to be able to find basic loop pedal videos so far online.
    Nothing specifically about how to smoothly finish a loop with multiple instruments.

At the moment I’m working on playing a chord or two on the guitar after I’ve hit the stop pedal, but it’s sounding ropey : /
    Not good enough for live stuff yet like

Some simpler loops are fine, it’s when there’s a beat gone down as well for example and bass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

What looper are you using?
    This is a common enough problem, not many loopers handle stopping/starting very elegantly.

I've used the pigtronix infinity looper and it has some decent modes, you can fade out a sequence and set different lengths for two different sequences playing in parallel meaning both cut out at different times. There are still times where you need to get your hands on t he pedal though so isn't a perfect solution

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭iqmdublin

Boss Rc30!
    still figuring out how to do the fade out for the loops

working on keeping the heavier things (bass, drum beat) on channel 2 at the moment, and the hitting that off and switching back to channel 1, then stopping that and playing a chord to finish

takes work and precision!

guess it seems to be the only way to do it properly with live loops on the rc30 : /

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

What about using a volume pedal to fade them out?

yeah, thats an option! problem is Im doing a few instruments with it at the same time! So cant reach down when playing a gig, and it doesn't just sound good to fade out!
    I've just been practicing with it and gotten it prettymuch as good as I'm able to now, the key seems to be having the guitar back in my hands, and timing the stop of the loop well

Have you considered using a DAW/Sequencer and that kind of setup?
    You can trigger tracks from pedals and so on rather than just looping some bits and pieces..

Sounds like what you're aiming for is a little more complex than a couple of overdubs.
    Perhaps a looper isn't the most suitable approach?

• Advertisement

KeithTS wrote: »
    Have you considered using a DAW/Sequencer and that kind of setup?
    You can trigger tracks from pedals and so on rather than just looping some bits and pieces..

Sounds like what you're aiming for is a little more complex than a couple of overdubs.
    Perhaps a looper isn't the most suitable approach?

never heard of em! just googling that now.
    its not that bad actually! guitar loop with another instrument and maybe a bit of voice thrown on a loop. I want to keep it as live as possible, not like a those karaoke backing track fellas!

iqmdublin wrote: »
    never heard of em! just googling that now.
    its not that bad actually! guitar loop with another instrument and maybe a bit of voice thrown on a loop. I want to keep it as live as possible, not like a those karaoke backing track fellas!

Well with different Sequencers and DAW (laptop) setups you can still trigger tracks with foot switches and stuff, you just have more control and can really produce your set.

Advertisement