Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurofen Durance (Ibuprofen Patch) - Any good?

Options
  • 22-01-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone used these or similar?

A patch (similar to a heat patch, but not a heat patch if you follow me) that can be applied directly to the area of pain and the ibuprofen can be absorbed through the skin - apparently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maybe try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Graces7 wrote: »
    Maybe try it?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

:rolleyes:

It is really the only way as some things work for some and not for others, :) Try it and if t works for you, grand, If not, nothing lost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Just wondering has anyone used these or similar?

A patch (similar to a heat patch, but not a heat patch if you follow me) that can be applied directly to the area of pain and the ibuprofen can be absorbed through the skin - apparently.

Was useless for me but my pain is severe its also difficult to put on and falls off easily

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Ibuprofen is really hard on your stomach so these would be brilliant if they worked.

They won’t touch the nerve pain in my head but I just ordered them from my local chemists and will try them on my back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Rennaws wrote: »
    Ibuprofen is really hard on your stomach so these would be brilliant if they worked.

They won’t touch the nerve pain in my head but I’ll be trying them on my back.

For the record, I didn't find them any good.

For the record, I didn't find them any good.

Fair enough. I’m intrigued enough to try them once. Nothing ventured..

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Was useless for me but my pain is severe its also difficult to put on and falls off easily

Ibuprofen is useless with nerve pain. It should help with the arthritis alright but it won’t put a dent in the nerve pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Rennaws wrote: »
    Ibuprofen is useless with nerve pain. It should help with the arthritis alright but it won’t put a dent in the nerve pain.

Is cbd oil any good for either?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Is cbd oil any good for either?

I don't believe the CBD oil that you can buy legally is effective for nerve pain.

THC in combination with CBD is essential for pain relief but as THC is the molecule that gets you stoned, and heaven forbid might be enjoyable, it's not allowed in what they sell here.

I do believe CBD oil on it's own has important uses, and may help your arthritis, but it won't work for pain on it's own.

I'm sure some people have found relief and i'm certainly not going to challenge them on their lived experience. It could be placebo or there could be something in it.

Who knows ?

Which is part of the problem really. We're only starting to research all this properly now and no-one really knows.

By the way, there's a lot of crap CBD oil out there and the good stuff is really expensive so expect to pay through the nose for anything worth trying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement