Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 MLB Postseson Thread

Options

Comments

Good start from the Dodgers. If they can get another win tonight behind Kershaw, then that's the series wrapped up realistically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

I was watching the Brewers Rockies game last night and is it just me or was the picture from behind the pitcher very hazy.

All the other camera angles were very clear but the view from behind the pitcher on screen was much much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I Think the Dodgers Braves series is a done deal tbh.Really looking forward to Astros Indians expect that one to go 5 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I Think the Dodgers Braves series is a done deal tbh.Really looking forward to Astros Indians expect that one to go 5 games.

All 5 (if it goes that far) on at reasonable hours for us over here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Some performance by Verlander so far....

• Advertisement

Some performance by Verlander so far....

Great through 5 alright but wheels came off a bit in the 6th. Up to his mates to bail him out now.

EDIT - and they kind of do (only 2 runs)

Great through 5 alright but wheels came off a bit in the 6th. Up to his mates to bail him out now.

I flicked over at end of the 5th and only getting back to it now!

I flicked over at end of the 5th and only getting back to it now!

Good all round performance from Houston there.

Good start from the Dodgers. If they can get another win tonight behind Kershaw, then that's the series wrapped up realistically.

Has there ever been a sweep without giving up a run? Wouldn't surprise me here with the way Buehler's been pitching lately, although Game 3 will be on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Has there ever been a sweep without giving up a run? Wouldn't surprise me here with the way Buehler's been pitching lately, although Game 3 will be on the road.

Closest I could find, going back to 1998, Yankees swept the Rangers in 3 games, giving up just one run. It was earned.:D Google's not showing a scoreless sweep otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

How good do the Astros look??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

How good do the Astros look??

Better than the Red Sox at this point anyway. Good to see Price keeping up his great postseason record :rolleyes: Red Sox look like they might not have the beating of the Yankees.

Better than the Red Sox at this point anyway. Good to see Price keeping up his great postseason record :rolleyes: Red Sox look like they might not have the beating of the Yankees.

Only seen the game stats, no highlights. Looks like he stunk the place out again.

Astros are the best team in the postseason hands down ,there pitching is just too good,the indians are struggling to find any offense.On today I think the Dodgers will sweep but the rockies may pull a game back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm obviously hoping the Yankees beat the Sox but nobody is getting past the Astros

You learn something new every day.

While I knew a hit ball hitting a base runner meant the base runner was out, I didn’t know the batter still gets credited with a base hit.

Happened there to the Brewers in Colorado and cost them a run.

Have also just learned that Curtis Granderson is a Brewer. When did that happen...???

Very strange at bat from him there. He came to the plate with 2 men on base, didn’t make contact with any pitch he saw but by the time he struck out, both runners had scored (balk and passed ball)

Only seen the game stats, no highlights. Looks like he stunk the place out again.

I didn't hear it (had the game on in a bar I was in) but he was booed off the field. Wouldn't be at all surprising if he is no longer a Red Sox player soon.

Has there ever been a sweep without giving up a run? Wouldn't surprise me here with the way Buehler's been pitching lately.

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Have also just learned that Curtis Granderson is a Brewer. When did that happen...???

Traded from Toronto at the deadline.

• Advertisement

My initial prediction was for the Dodgers to beat the Braves in 5 games, but if they lose again tonight, I'd be very worried going into game 5.
    Time to lock it down Dodgers

And, woooo, it's on at 9 tonight, so will get to see most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

My initial prediction was for the Dodgers to beat the Braves in 5 games, but if they lose again tonight, I'd be very worried going into game 5.
    Time to lock it down Dodgers

And, woooo, it's on at 9 tonight, so will get to see most of it

I like the Braves but think the Dodgers have the advantage all over the field and most crucially in experience. I think that might be the winning and losing of this series.

Have to say the Brewers wont fear either team though.

At the moment it's looking very much like an Astro's repeat to me.

Indians' pitchers throwing this game away (literally).

Very long game too. 3 hours plus already and it's still in the 7th.

Indians' pitchers throwing this game away (literally).

Very long game too. 3 hours plus already and it's still in the 7th.

Just getting messier and messier as it goes on.

Going to take a massive effort by someone to stop Astros going back to back....

Just getting messier and messier as it goes on.

Yeah, wheels have come off the Indians the past couple of innings.

Carlos correa has joined the postseason party with a 3 run HR in the top of the 8th .These division series have been lopsided enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Coeus wrote: »
    Indians v Rockies in the World Series final as we all know the MLB heads would love it to be Dodgers v Yankees :)
    Not the best prediction I ever made :pac:

I guess it will have to be an Astros v Brewers final now. Agree with alot here that the Astros look the team to beat...

Alright, I think it's now safe for me to go to bed.

Go Blue

Yankees getting thoroughly embarrassed. Advantage Boston.

Update: Holt hit for the cycle, first cycle in postseason history. His HR was off Romine though so not sure it should count :P

• Advertisement

Yankees getting thoroughly embarrassed. Advantage Boston.

Jeez, what the hell happened there?

Advertisement