Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Sports coverage of UFC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I watched the Golf on Eleven Sports a couple of weeks ago and it was flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Pighead wrote: »
    I watched the Golf on Eleven Sports a couple of weeks ago and it was flawless.
    As did I and I did not find it flawless. No chromecast support, had to watch on my iPad. Buffered a good few times. Plus there's also the fact that as it's a stream we're always going to be behind the live action...I always enjoyed watching the fights on TV while following along to see what people are saying on twitter. Those days are in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dulux99 wrote: »
    As did I and I did not find it flawless. No chromecast support, had to watch on my iPad. Buffered a good few times. Plus there's also the fact that as it's a stream we're always going to be behind the live action...I always enjoyed watching the fights on TV while following along to see what people are saying on twitter. Those days are in the past.
    Can imagine that was pretty annoying alright. I really only watched the last day in full and I didn't get any buffering at all. Maybe there were issues earlier during the first couple of rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Paully D wrote: »
    In what way? I haven’t used the app yet but interested to hear how it’s going.

I dont have a smart TV so I watch it via the browser via my PC so have to switch sources to HDMI 2 every time I want to watch it.

The quality is ok. Its clearly streaming quality even at "1080p".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fight Night main cards coming back to Fight Pass it seems:

https://twitter.com/seansheehanba/status/1052946167301050369?s=21

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Fight Night main cards coming back to Fight Pass it seems:

https://twitter.com/seansheehanba/status/1052946167301050369?s=21

So to watch main events we have to subscribe to Eleven and to watch a Fight Night we now have to sign up for Fight Pass? Fúcks sake.

Thats me done. Illegal streaming/downloading all the way from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Its going to be hard to justify not going illegal route. I have always paid subs for UFC however I 4/5 watch Sunday morning, if I cannot easily just start it up quickly on my tv whats the point in me paying for coverage.

If eleven sports have the facility whereby I can wake up the next morning and watch an event start to finish, without seeing spoilers I'll be happy. They also need to get a ps4/xbox app and also be supported by chrome cast. At the moment I don't think they have any of that.

However, many of my mates are fairly casual viewers and are not going to get the eleven sports app. They'll record the bigger ones on BT and watch a couple of fights. Those people will lose their interest, and that's saddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

They will be available on demand if shown on the app but it sounds like they're going down the ppv angle where they can or partnering with someone to show the bigger events.

Not sure how their relations are with Sky etc. as they are outbidding them for content all over Europe.

Don't think it makes much sense for UFC so they must be throwing money at them.

They will be available on demand if shown on the app but it sounds like they're going down the ppv angle where they can or partnering with someone to show the bigger events.

Not sure how their relations are with Sky etc. as they are outbidding them for content all over Europe.

Don't think it makes much sense for UFC so they must be throwing money at them.

The worst thing about the ppv thing is the fact you can't record them, on sky box office ppv atleast. It's hard to stay up for all of them. I honestly don't mind paying for the big ones as long as I can watch them at my leisure but if we're forced to staying up for them it's just going to drive people down the torrent route.

• Advertisement

Any progress on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

As a subscriber to BT sports with Eir in Ireland, espn is one of the sports channels I get, tho I never watch it.
    Anyone know if this espn channel will be showing the ufc after December??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

As a subscriber to BT sports with Eir in Ireland, espn is one of the sports channels I get, tho I never watch it.
    Anyone know if this espn channel will be showing the ufc after December??

No, its completely different than the ESPN in America, only way you'll be watching UFC legally in Ireland from next year is with Eleven Sports and Fight Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

how the **** do i cancel my eir sport :P i moved over from setanta... 1901 or something ?

Looks like eir sport have the numbered events!

https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe-ufc-boxing

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looks like eir sport have the numbered events!

??? you cant leave us hanging like that tripple J !!!

Looks like you just missed the added link to the post.

Not sure if they have as I cannot see it mentioned on twitter or web search however I thought BT lost from end of November and Eir are advertising "numbered" events into December on link above.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looks like you just missed the added link to the post.

Not sure if they have as I cannot see it mentioned on twitter or web search however I thought BT lost from end of November and Eir are advertising "numbered" events into December on link above.

na twas end of the year sham so 29th dec will be the last.

Ah sound thought it was earlier, no harm eleven doesn't sub licence to them. Just wish we had some clarity. I got watched ufc230 handy enough from my cousins it the states on Sunday morning.

Think you can use your phone credit to subscribe to Eleven Sports

• Advertisement

Still not a clarity what is gonna happen come Jan it seems... UFC how to watch section is staying out of it for all future events atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Am happy to subscribe to Eleven Sports if they have all the events going forward, especially for the price. If they split the numbered events from the Fight Nights on two different services I'll have to stream, as two separate subscriptions would be too much to justify.

Would be good to get clarity on what will be happening. The fact that most Sport Rights are sold as UK and Ireland together, but BT have shown no interest in entering into the Irish market, it seems like it still could go anywhere.

I mean Virgin/TV3 currently have extended highlights of all the events currently, which is a good way to catch up with fights not worth staying up live for.

1 contract good, 2 contracts bad....

I am sick of the distribution of sports the way its going, sky sports is gone to the dogs, BT not worthy of price come Jan, If Eleven have all events great sign me up however agree with above split is a disaster. People laughing at me for not having a dodgy box.

Would like to see some irish provider get Bellator not sure why we need to be tied to UK on fringe sports like this, there is a market for people to watch these events live in Ireland.

Cancelled Eleven Sports for the moment. Nothing on there really but Spanish football replays that I've no interest in. Have had it for 3 months and watched maybe an hour. Ill stream the few games I want to watch via alternatives methods.

timed it perfectly. Eirsports cancelled from Jan 2nd so ill get the last two UFC's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Delighted I can just spend my phone credit on Eleven Sports. Essentially getting it for free as a PAYG Three customer due to the fact you can keep your credit as part of the €20 top up deal. Bargain.

Still no word on Chromecast support? I really don't want to have to break out the laptop and HDMI cable FFS.

Delighted I can just spend my phone credit on Eleven Sports. Essentially getting it for free as a PAYG Three customer due to the fact you can keep your credit as part of the €20 top up deal. Bargain.

Doing the same myself, think you can use your credit on Fight Pass too

So what happens now folks

Can i pay for fight pass monthly and all the PPV's etc are included in that?

Eleven only has some of the PPV's right and not the fight nights?

• Advertisement

PPVs aren't included with Fight Pass. Eleven Sports has the rights to all 42 live events in 2019, we just dont know if they'll charge for some of the PPVs or not

http://uk.ufc.com/news/Eleven-Sports-to-Become-the-Home-of-UFC-in-UK-and-Ireland
    LONDON, UK, 27 September 2018 – ELEVEN SPORTS and UFC have today announced a new broadcast partnership for the UK and Ireland starting in January 2019. The global sports provider has further strengthened its growing offer for sports fans by securing the rights to all 42 live UFC events in 2019, as well as over 150 hours of UFC original and archive programming in a multi-year agreement.

UFC Fight Nights will be shown live on ELEVEN SPORTS, whilst ELEVEN will have the option to make some events available in partnership with other broadcast platforms.

Fight Nights that are shown live on ELEVEN SPORTS will also be available on demand in full after the event.

UFC, the world’s leading MMA organisation, is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and has grown to be a premium global sports brand, with over 284 million fans globally. As well as holding successful events all over the world, 2018 brought two sell out shows to the UK-- firstly at the O2 Arena in London, and secondly in Liverpool, which saw No.2 welterweight contender and hometown hero Darren Till defeat Stephen Thompson.

The partnership with ELEVEN SPORTS provides UFC with a new broadcast home in the UK and Ireland, where it will receive centre stage treatment and provide the passionate and dedicated fans incredible access to all the action from around the world.

“UFC has become a massive brand which has built a hugely dedicated and engaged following over 25 years, making it a perfect fit for our fan centric strategy,” said Danny Menken, Group Managing Director, ELEVEN SPORTS. “We are a big supporter of combat sports across our global markets and the fresh and innovative approach that we have taken with our properties has been very successful. We are looking forward to creating the same added value for the legions of MMA fans in the UK and Ireland”

“We have worked very successfully with ELEVEN SPORTS in Belgium and Luxembourg and we are looking forward to extending our partnership here in the UK and Ireland,” said David Shaw, UFC Senior Vice President, International and Content. “The UK and Ireland are amongst UFC’s strongest markets globally and with ELEVEN SPORTS making a significant impact here, it made perfect sense to partner with them to showcase our thrilling product to our loyal and passionate fans.”

UFC is the latest major sports rights property acquired by ELEVEN SPORTS, following the addition of top flight football leagues, LaLiga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Eredivisie (Netherlands), Chinese Super League (from 2019) and Allsvenskan (Sweden) – all exclusively live in the UK and Ireland for the next three seasons.

All the action will be distributed on ELEVEN’s online streaming platform via www.elevensports.uk, and iOS and Android mobile and tablet apps, without the need for set top boxes, bundled packages or contracts. Fans can also watch on traditional TV screens by casting on Google Chromecast.

An ELEVEN SPORTS Monthly Pass is available for £5.99, whilst an ELEVEN SPORTS Annual Pass can be secured for £59.99.

ELEVEN is also in discussion with all major broadcast platforms, third party streaming services and smart TV manufacturers to offer the widest possible access to the world-class action for all sports fans. This is in line with the ‘platform agnostic’ approach ELEVEN SPORTS employs in all its international markets, making it as easy as possible for fans to access the sports they love.

Advertisement