Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Sports coverage of UFC

Options
  • 30-07-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭

So I heard yesterday that BT will stop showing UFC on Dec 3rd. Anyone know yet if Sky or any other channel in UK and Ireland will show it?? I gues it’s only gonna be possible watch via subscribing to the fight pass and buying the ppv’s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

So I heard yesterday that BT will stop showing UFC on Dec 3rd. Anyone know yet if Sky or any other channel in UK and Ireland will show it?? I gues it’s only gonna be possible watch via subscribing to the fight pass and buying the ppv’s.

It says eleven will pick it up in the uk

EDIT: And Ireland too. They are launching 2 channels in August. Price: TBD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only a matter of time before every numbered PPV is on box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ShaneU wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before every numbered PPV is on box office.

Imagine how shít they'll do here. Like the card this weekend at 3am.. Would do so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I just barely justify subscribing to BT Sport for the UFC and The Premiership, but if they don't come to some arrangement with Eleven then that's me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Eleven doesn't require a separate subscription. It's included with Sky/Virgin, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

if they go onto sky platform, you will still need to pay them separately like BT I imagine. Hope they allow sky q mini box without additional charges as BT don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This Eleven Sports mob are beginning to annoy me. That's UFC, NBA and La Liga they have nicked from BT and Sky. Multiple sports channels each with different rights to various sports is terrible for the casual sports fan who has an interest in lots of sports.

Mellor wrote: »
    Eleven doesn't require a separate subscription. It's included with Sky/Virgin, apparently.

With sky sports or sky tv?

This Eleven Sports mob are beginning to annoy me. That's UFC, NBA and La Liga they have nicked from BT and Sky. Multiple sports channels each with different rights to various sports is terrible for the casual sports fan who has an interest in lots of sports.

I watched UFC but the reason I signed up to work broadband was mainly the NBA. If eleven sports costs under 10€ a month I'll get it but I highly doubt it.

• Advertisement

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    With sky sports or sky tv?

Eleven is a sports channel so I'd imagine Sky will bundle it the sports package. I'm not up to speed on their different packages though.

Mellor wrote: »
    Eleven is a sports channel so I'd imagine Sky will bundle it the sports package. I'm not up to speed on their different packages though.

I heard it was online streaming only. If it's on tv I hope you can buy it separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Yeah wondering how this will work myself. Hoping it's easily available. Never heard of Eleven sports till I heard about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/elevensports_uk/status/1025313403592761344?s=21

€7 a month or €60 a year for what they’re offering there isn’t bad at all to be fair. If the price the UFC package at something similar it’d be fine.

It doesn’t bother me if it’s not on TV and is streaming only as I use the Chromecast for the majority of my viewing these days anyway.

Very good as long as there is a next morning stream available and you can cast from phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Better off getting an IPTV if you have a compatible box etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

If they released a standalone app for the PS4 I'd be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

So do you basically need a smart TV to actually watch it on telly?

So do you basically need a smart TV to actually watch it on telly?

Or Chromecast I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Or Chromecast I say.

Might have to buy one. This is still a bit of a disaster if eleven end up with no channel, broadband in rural Ireland (rural as in a large town outside Cork city :rolleyes:) probably still isn't reliable enough that I'd be confident it could stream eleven sports well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

ELEVEN SPORTS MONTHLY PASS AVAILABLE FOR JUST £5.99 PER MONTH IN UK & €6.99 PER MONTH IN IRELAND

sigh

My tv is genuinely from 2001 so chromecast is off the table

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chromecasts are buggy unreliable cheap pieces of **** anyway.

So another 7 quid a month now for Eleven? Not as much as I thought but still crap. Will be renegotiating with Sky to knock off the 7 quid since they've lost so much. May even cancel Sky. I only watch the odd footie game on Sky Sports these days.

Although having to go online to watch is a bit of work with no smart TV. If Im going online its to stream for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Nal wrote: »
    Chromecasts are buggy unreliable cheap pieces of **** anyway.
    They're not in the slightest.

They're not in the slightest.

+1
    When casting from an app with proper chromecast functionality it works fine. I used to cast UFC embedded to the TV, just queue them all and it'd play seamlessly.

It's only jittery is you are trying to screen mirror by tab casting, which they say it's beta feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Last I read was Eleven Sports = fight nights, Sky Sports = PPV

That would be a disaster splitting channels. Most people in UK/IRE would most likely record fight nights as the advertisements are a lot heavier and watch later not sure there is great value in me subbing to that when untalkable alternatives are available esp if watching post event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Spanish footie on Eleven is already a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Nal wrote: »
    The Spanish footie on Eleven is already a pain in the arse.

In what way? I haven’t used the app yet but interested to hear how it’s going.

• Advertisement

Twitter has a few storys regarding quality of stream.

For me having two different providers both requiring subs is not going to help anyone. People will be compelled to find alternatives methods to view. One of the UK red tops say Sky sports are going to get the numbered ppvs

Advertisement