Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awww .... my heart bleeds for them.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    They are one of the richest organisations in the world. Let headquarters pay their staff.

Can't believe people give them money tbh.

Seems like this is a problem for the franchise to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

and their involvement in maintaining sites, in the Holy Land.

Those missile launching sites cost a fair bit even just to maintain, there's always something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I stand with priests

Are you a priest or is this a bus stop scenario? I've stood with Nuns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Where did you stand with the nuns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Would be a shame to see the Church decline any further. Like it or not, it's part of our culture and heritage.
    That's one of the most rediculous excuses that's regularly trotted when people are averse to change. "Oh but it's our heritage, our culture". And once upon a time, we had animal hides for clothing, slept in caves, captured fire from lightening cos we couldn't make it. We ate other humans, slept with relatives. We thought the Earth was flat. We thought we could identify witches by seeing if they couldn't be drowned. We discriminated against black people, gay people, people with disabilities.
    At some point in time all these archaic "norms" became abnormal. Thankfully.
    Finally the worship of imaginary creatures is beginning to also become abnormal. Slowly, but all good things take time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,819 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

branie2 wrote: »
    Where did you stand with the nuns?

Funnily enough with the church on decline in Ireland,etc.
    My local parish decided to take of four Spanish nun's in the last year. I think it's meant to get people interested in the church again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

kenmc wrote: »
    That's one of the most rediculous excuses that's regularly trotted when people are averse to change. "Oh but it's our heritage, our culture". .

In law it's referred to as "The pikey defence".
    It's also known colloquially as "a load of auld bollox"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

nice to know the tax paying public who choose not to attend are getting it the back door to the tune of 27K

I'm not an animal-lover (well...some are tasty) but I put up with dog, cat and donkey sanctuaries all over the country getting their tax relief too.
    Berserker wrote: »
    51942473_2314308371935710_951835482315030528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e5e380fb23fa3d8bcd1410ce5dab783a&oe=5CDB09EA

What are 'holy places'? That's one hell of a tax refund. If someone leaves them a gift; house for example, do they include that in their accounts?
    I'd say the 'holy place' in this instance is actually on the list twice. Firstly as 'holy places' (both income and expenditure = €1600), and secondly as 'St Fanahan's Well' (also with both income and expenditure = €1600).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

kenmc wrote: »
    That's one of the most rediculous excuses that's regularly trotted when people are averse to change. "Oh but it's our heritage, our culture". And once upon a time, we had animal hides for clothing, slept in caves, captured fire from lightening cos we couldn't make it. We ate other humans, slept with relatives. We thought the Earth was flat. We thought we could identify witches by seeing if they couldn't be drowned. We discriminated against black people, gay people, people with disabilities.
    At some point in time all these archaic "norms" became abnormal. Thankfully.
    Finally the worship of imaginary creatures is beginning to also become abnormal. Slowly, but all good things take time.

Ahh the 80's. Remember them well, the parts where I wasn't locked out of me gee at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mmmm, toilet buns.
    Are thy like urinal cakes?
    I meant nuns.

Toilet nuns? That's a much worse option than the buns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Church buildings need to be maintained. Who pays for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,819 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Church buildings need to be maintained. Who pays for that?

I think there's a collection for that during the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Emigrants, 1800 Euro
    Wait, do you have to pay to leave the church :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

The sooner the RCC disappears the better so Islam can be seen as a proper mainstream option here.

Islam will save Europe and it's people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I think there's a collection for that during the year!

There'll be one for geophysics eventually.
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/02/20/angels-plot/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The sooner the RCC disappears the better so Islam can be seen as a proper mainstream option here.

Islam will save Europe and it's people

No Scientology will.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

kylith wrote: »
    Are thy like urinal cakes?

Toilet nuns? That's a much worse option than the buns.

Ah, nuns in the Jack's offering to wash your hands and the likes. Makes sense, I presume they're not very busy on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The list would be endless, I gave a handful of examples.

What total and utter rubbish IMHO but I guess it is subjective. I think you'll find that most people would disagree with you on the church being a 'positive influence' in Ireland.

Ah because you saw a Monty Python sketch about the Spanish Inquisition you're an expert on it?

Where did I say it was a 'positive influence' anywhere in my post, you dolt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭pawdee

Surely god won't see them short? Maybe he could convert mass leaflets into cash or old bottle tops into 2 euro coins? How about he converts water into Chateau Petrus 1961 for them to flog? If god comes up short they could sell a few biliion euros worth of church property, shut up shop and retire? There are plenty of options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

No Scientology will.....

Fastest growing religion in the world and in Ireland also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

how is moving funds from a deposit account income?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

how is moving funds from a deposit account income?
    Movement from Assets/balance sheet to current expenditure/I&E a/c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Berserker wrote: »
    Fastest growing religion in the world and in Ireland also.

There is no will to have religion in Ireland in the coming generations. This is evident now with the rapid decline of the RCC.

of course some folk will become scientologists, but I think we have no need to worry that it will ever be large in numbers.
    Ireland is going secular. Hooray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Great bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Atheism is on the rise, thank god!

Advertisement