Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booking Registry Office Wedding

Options
  • 19-02-2019 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help. We are recently engaged and thinking of getting married early summer 2020. We would like to have the ceremony in a registry office and just wondering how far in advance you can book this. I would imagine getting a preferred date might be difficult and everywhere online just says this must be at least 3 months in advance but no limit on how far in advance you do it. Could we register now for May/June of 2020 or would we need to wait until clsoer to the time?

Just want to be able to ensure we get the day we want. I know if we were doing a civil ceremony outside the registry office we could book a humanist or equivilant now but its just not clear how far in advance you can book the registry office ceremony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The 3 months thing is just to declare your intent to marry and apply for the marriage licence. That's nothing to do with booking your venue. I'd day contact your registry office and ask the question there, they'll soon let you know for sure what their protocol is.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

The 3 months thing is just to declare your intent to marry and apply for the marriage licence. That's nothing to do with booking your venue. I'd day contact your registry office and ask the question there, they'll soon let you know for sure what their protocol is.

It does say online that you can book to have the ceremony in the registry office at the time of booking your intent to marry/marriage licence as its all done at the same place. It just doesn't say how far in advance this can be done. I'll try give them a call later, just wanted to see if anyone else knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

If you want Dublin, you should call them now and ask them for the ceremony date you want. Did that too for May '19 in like February last year.

They also have us a date for giving notice which was September last year. They'll tell you what to do anyway.

But keep in mind you don't have to give notice in the county you're getting married in, you can do it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

LirW wrote: »
    If you want Dublin, you should call them now and ask them for the ceremony date you want. Did that too for May '19 in like February last year.

They also have us a date for giving notice which was September last year. They'll tell you what to do anyway.

But keep in mind you don't have to give notice in the county you're getting married in, you can do it anywhere.

That's great. Thanks!!

Advertisement