Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Gowran & across the pond.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Olly saying Nicholls is looking for the next Kauto Star, maybe he has found him with this guy(Clan Des Obeaux), Jesus broke down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

CDO was good but no more than that. Won't win GC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

FatRat wrote: »
    I think what should be more telling from that race is how close Killultagh was to Percy. Its obvious at this stage that Monalee's best trip was and is not 3m+. Percy should be trouncing Killultagh types if he has a chance at the GC imo.

I’d say KV wasn’t right today, he dropped out like a light so hardly his true running . Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Picked the wrong novice, aghhh, so annoying.
    I don’t know why Nichols tactic was to hold up getaway trump out the back with all the rubbish but winner done it easy anyway

Al Dancer so impressive. Getaway Trump well beaten so interesting see how kateson fares for the champ form. Al Dancer supreme looks really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Tizzard will be liking Elixier de nutz form now for supreme

BumperD wrote: »
    Al Dancer so impressive. Getaway Trump well beaten so interesting see how kateson fares for the champ form. Al Dancer supreme looks really good

He done well to get as close as he did with the tactics they used, it was a slowly run race and he was getting knocked around out the back by other horses and he didn’t jump well, lack of experience in big field caught him out.
    Would be with him again in similar handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cryname very impressive there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Cyrname is such a fantastic jumper. That's two bloodless performances in a row from him now looks a serious improver

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Jesus.. SUPERSTAR.. that's a very solid race .

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Kempton 17:45- Dono di Dio 16/1
    Kempton 18:15- Choice Encounter 3/1
    Kempton 18:45- Roman Spinner 4/1
    Kempton 20:15- OCoastal Cyclone 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Can’t believe some on social media are putting Cyrname in the same sentence as Altior

He done well to get as close as he did with the tactics they used, it was a slowly run race and he was getting knocked around out the back by other horses and he didn’t jump well, lack of experience in big field caught him out.
    Would be with him again in similar handicap.

Humm kateson also got stuffed so champ form taking a knock ..

Practically every horse that got to the lead early at kempton tonight went on to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Practically every horse that got to the lead early at kempton tonight went on to win.

Makes for a change at that poxy course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Some of my views on yesterday’s graded chases. I suppose at Gowran Monalee did what he had to do & the Ryanair is definitely the race to go for. Would like to see Blackmore keep the ride, Anibale Fly definitely gave everyone a reminder he’s not gone away, don’t think he’ll win the GC personally but could be an each way shout again

As a King George winner CDO was always going to win that race yesterday with ease, a proven grade 1 horse against two average handicappers & a horse who’ll probably be back in France next year. If you weren’t a fan of his before yesterday I don’t see how winning that would change your mind. Personally I’m not a fan & I said on the antepost thread he could be the next Silviniaco Conti, happy to proven wrong next month but until he goes close in a Gold Cup he’s not my idea of the winner.

Can’t not be impressed by Cyrname but again, no Cheltenham form. Saw a few posts saying his likely to skip Cheltenham & that Nichols wants to have a crack at the Punchestown GC with him. Not surprised Waiting Patiently was well beat, a hype horse IMO, the fact Jefferson never really talks about Cheltenham with this horse says it all. Fox Norton, probably just not good enough for 2 & a half mile races, will probably always find one to good. You don’t know which of Mullins ‘big 3’ will go for the Ryanair & in my mind they’re all 2 milers (I know UDS is a Ryanair horse lately). For me Monalee deserves to be favourite but the horse I’m looking forward to all week at Cheltenham is Tout Est Permis, the Ryanair is preferred but I’d back him on the Friday too if he went for the big one instead.

We all know the Champion chase will be a race to just watch because nothing touches Altior but we all want to see him beat a good field & not just 3/4 faverage ponies. Hope Mullins runs Min & Footpad here at least.

Advertisement