Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCT repayments

Options
  • 13-02-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi guys

My husband is owed a refund of RCT for 2017 tax year. His year end is 31 December 2017. He is a subcontractor. He owes no income tax for the 2017 year. A statement of liabilities was prepared by his accountant and it notes the refund too.

I have been doing some research online and it seems that Revenue process these refunds manually (i.e. they are not done by the system) and they can take a long time to process.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

When filing the tax return (Form 11) ROS should usually have had a note pre-populated of how much RCT is available to use against liabilities. So the preparer (taxpayer or their accountant) can check against RCT records kept. That would then be taken into account in any final liability.

As it's now mid-February and the 2017 Form 11 was, presumably, filed before the deadline of 14/11/18, it does seem strange that this has not been refunded or offset.

I'd suggest that your accountant give Revenue a call to see what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Revenue are a shambles at the moment. I'm waiting 4 months on my tax refund. Maybe yours is in a backlog to.

Happy4all wrote: »
    Revenue are a shambles at the moment. I'm waiting 4 months on my tax refund. Maybe yours is in a backlog to.

Is that an Income Tax self-assessment or PAYE refund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Well his is obviously an income tax self assessment. He got a letter or week or so ago, requesting bank account details in the event that an RCT refund is due so maybe they are starting to get to them? Pain

linola_c wrote: »
    Well his is obviously an income tax self assessment. He got a letter or week or so ago, requesting bank account details in the event that an RCT refund is due so maybe they are starting to get to them? Pain

Part of the problem may be if your bank account was not registered for tax refunds then they have to write and that can take time. Having it registered for payments doesn’t automatically follow to repayments unless registered for that too. That can be done though ROS. Again, check the bank details registration tab in ROS and if it’s now registered for refunds then it should follow soon hopefully. Though a phone call to Revenue to be sure wouldn’t be amiss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement