Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen downlighters not working after leak

Options
  • 12-02-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Kitchen has two sets of downlighters from 2 different (dimmer) switches.
    We had a leak from the bathroom, that has been fixed, but it caused the downlighters on one switch to 'blow'.

We were in the kitchen at the time and heard an audible pop. None of the trip switches had tripped in the fuse box.

When you turn on the switch now, one of the nine downlighters will come on, somewhat dully - strangely random in that it is not always the same one!

I removed the downlighter at the closest point to the leak and saw some burn damage. The cabling and the connection box all seem okay.
    I replaced the connector but it does not seem to have resolved the issue.

Anything else that I could check before calling an electrician?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Nevermind :-)
    It was the switch thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

From what you have described in your first post it would be an idea to get everything checked out by an electrician. There could be other issues that have not surfaced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Yes thanks - will do!

Advertisement