Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC FN Forteleza Assuncao vs Moraes Sat Feb 2nd Early Prelims 10pm

Options
  • 02-02-2019 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

FzVUS4l.png

10pm start time for early prelims makes a nice change, I got this time from the new horrible UFC site, somehow manged to get onto the old one to pull the above image though. Main card starts at 1am.

The last 4 fights look like decent match ups. Wonder will Junior Albini wear a nappy again?

Saw there that the Frota lassie weighed in at 123 for a 116lb fight.

edit: Prelim coverage starts on BT Sport 2 at 11pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Really good first fight, bontorin took everything there and kept coming, tough as nails, those body shots would have stopped some

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Junior Albini coming up now, he looked like a slob in the fights I've seen. Hope the other fella wins.

Albini has no future there at all
    Midway through the first a sub looked a cert I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cracking fight but think Griffin just about shades it.

Also I'm enjoying Bisping on commentary.

Mmm. Felt Griffin was robbed there

Third round was clear cut

• Advertisement

What a fight
    Yet another sub win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Great night of fights. Probably about 20 minutes fighting in total all up in the main card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just caught up now. One of the best and most enjoyable cards I've ever seen. Brilliant matches from top to bottom, though I skipped through the 2 women's fights.

I had backed Tiago Silva but was shocked when he won it, terrible decision.

Also Johnny Walker is becoming one my favourite fighters now, I find his whole relaxed cockiness funny enough rather than annoying, also it seems natural which is probably down to being a 6ft 6" light heavyweight. Can't wait to see him again.

Really like Marlon Moraes ( and his superhuman strength......)

Aldo still got it. Give him the McGregor rematch I say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just got around to watching this in work, what a card from top to bottom.

I absolutely love Walker, what a character. His English is really go as well he can be a big star.

Aldos still got it, surprised how much of an underdog he was.

Oliveira is a king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

ricero wrote: »
    Aldo still got it. Give him the McGregor rematch I say

It'll be a pity if this is his last year.

Sounds like he wants his remaining fights in Brazil.
    The only way I'd see that rematch was if Aldo went up to 155, I don't see McGregor making 145 again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jose looked fantastic, once he hurt him he swarmed but wasn't rash, didn't over commit and was picking his shots instead of just winging them, body head, body, head. He looked great in his last two fights now.

It's amazing that after all these years there's only one man better at fw than aldo

Maybe it's time he fought ortega? It's a Fight he'll win given his superior stand up
    I don't see any other viable opponents right now

Moraes looked outstanding last night, deserves a shot
    I see him getting that belt late this year/early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wouldn't mind seeing Aldo against Volkanovski

• Registered Users Posts: 39,023 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jose looked fantastic, once he hurt him he swarmed but wasn't rash, didn't over commit and was picking his shots instead of just winging them, body head, body, head. He looked great in his last two fights now.
    That sort of calculated Aldo is a better fighter, technically speaking, than the FW champ Aldo. He learned a lot from his losses. Always glad to see him win.

Volkanovski vs Aldo I think would be a cracking fight.

I think Edgar gets the next shot at Holloway and Ortega needs a bit more time off after the beating he received by Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Delighted to see Maia get a win. Facing the top 3 guys in the division in a row was a rough stretch for him. Having himself and Oliviera on the same card was a pleasure especially with them both getting submissions.

I must admit I'd never heard of Johnny Walker before but he looks like a star in the making. Bit of a Usain Bolt or Paul Pogba vibe off of him. Hopefully they don't try and feed him to Jon Jones too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone find it weird that they had Osiris Maia refereeing his own brother's fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone find it weird that they had Osiris Maia refereeing his own brother's fight?

Yep, first thing I thought.

Advertisement