Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair growth after chemo

Options
  • 29-12-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

My wife had ABVD Chemo for stage 3B Lymphoma. She completed the course and is now in remission.

Her hair (which all fell out) was naturally ginger, but had been completely grey for the last few years, has now started to grow back black and curly..

Does anyone have experience of a similar situation ? Is this a temporary thing (like babies eye colour), and is it likely to stay as it is.

She was stressed with no hair, and now is stressed at curly hair, personally I think its an upgrade.

SB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi, her hair may straighten out as it grows but I would imagine the curls and color are here to stay , it’s probably hard for you to understand and may think why does she care so much about her hair when she is alive but it’s not as easy as that for some it’s a big change and it’s very hard to feel like yourself when your hair grows different to what your use to , it’s great news she is in remission, she should treat herself to a color and style in the hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Yes, I am a stone age man, and the colour and character of her hair mean very little to me, I just want to see her happy.

Shes good with the colour now, its the curls that are the main source of anxiety at the moment.

I am amazed at the changes in your body after chemo, I never appreciated how much was "reset".

I will update if the curls disappear...

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

She will be fine it just takes time getting use to the changes.

Advertisement