Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specsavers faulty new glasses

Options
  • 17-12-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I just got new glasses on Friday from Specsavers, 3 days ago. Two pairs plus the eye test cost me €329 because my prescription is very high, -6.25 and -6.75, and I’ve had to get my lenses thinned down.

I’ve noticed on one of the pairs that it already has scratches on the centre of one of the lenses. Very small scratches, but scratches nonetheless.

I went in today to try and sort it out, get a repair or replacement etc. But the man who I dealt with couldn’t see the scratches himself ! Now I’m after coming home with no result after trekking out to the store. I’m not quite sure what to do as I’ve never had a problem with my glasses before.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jeonahr wrote: »
    I just got new glasses on Friday from Specsavers, 3 days ago. Two pairs plus the eye test cost me €329 because my prescription is very high, -6.25 and -6.75, and I’ve had to get my lenses thinned down.

I’ve noticed on one of the pairs that it already has scratches on the centre of one of the lenses. Very small scratches, but scratches nonetheless.

I went in today to try and sort it out, get a repair or replacement etc. But the man who I dealt with couldn’t see the scratches himself ! Now I’m after coming home with no result after trekking out to the store. I’m not quite sure what to do as I’ve never had a problem with my glasses before.

I had an awful time recently with them.
    I too have a high prescription and needed varifocals.
    3 days with the new glasses, costing about €700, the frame started separating.
    Went back and was raging, ended up waiting a further 2 weeks for a replacement set in a new frame.
    Picked them up today and I they are incredibly uncomfortable to use, going to give it a day or two and if it remains this unpleasant return to them again.
    I have a feeling that, while I went for the most expensive varifocal option initially, they stuck a lower one this time with a more limited viewing angle, meaning that anywhere that isn't dead centre is blurry.
    What a bunch of @ssholes.

Advertisement